Rangers: Walter Smith says sense of bitterness remains over past

The takeover will not be fraudulent though Rab. Murray sold Rangers to Whyte for a quid. The related conditions where Whyte was to pay off LBG, invest in stadia improvement, etc are where the alleged frauds came about. A fraudulent scheme is the main charge.

Yes, we all know what went on. Those outside our family however will simply harp back to Murray selling us to Whyte. In other words, it will remain our fault. There will be no contrition from those bassas.

The takeover not fraudulent????? What's the trial for then?

As for Murray selling to Whyte I'm one of those who believe he was forced to do so by LBG. I don't believe he sold willingly despite what anyone maysay

... and could come down on those who voted them out of the SPl out of spite and hatred and the like. What could they do though? Sue the SFA and SPL/SPFL? Two essentially broke institutions? Who will claim that they acted in the best faith and according to the info that was available at the time?

I WOULD hope that Rangers tell them in no uncertain words that taking them to court is still an option (and if we take them through the courts to the highest one, it will probably ruin the SFA and SPFL alike) ... SHOULD anyone within these organization even whisper about title stripping etc., no matter the outcome of the EBT case.

Just remember the then Killie chairman Michael Johnston ( a lawyer) abstained in the vote to remove Rangers from the SPL and his reason for doing so

And why on Earth should we let them get away with it? It is false, it is wrong and it tars the image of our club. For they do not speak about companies here ... and they know it and do it with intent.

In what way does it tar the image of the Club ?

Just remember the then Killie chairman Michael Johnston ( a lawyer) abstained in the vote to remove Rangers from the SPL and his reason for doing so

Michael Johnson was the ONLY one of the top flight who actually did the RIGHT thing.

Based on the information at hand to them at the time, he shouldn't have voted us to stay in the league but likewise he shouldn't have voted us out. There was too much of a variable on the whole "lost income from Rangers" vs "Sell out Saturday" nonsense for him to make a clear cut decision one way or the other - his reason for doing so was spot on too - he cited the relevant sections of the Companies Act and having to make decisions on the best interests of his Company.

Killie are the only ones that I have little beef with.

The takeover not fraudulent????? What's the trial for then?

As for Murray selling to Whyte I'm one of those who believe he was forced to do so by LBG. I don't believe he sold willingly despite what anyone maysay

The takeover was not fraudulent mate. Read through the charges and you'll see that is not what is being alleged. It was a straighforward sale with certain conditions attached. The alleged fraud came about through the repayment to LBg.

As for Murray selling willingly - no crime was committed there and it has nothing to do with what later happened.

Reference Killie.

I attended the Scottish Cup replay at Rugby Park(along with 11,000 fellow Bears) because Michael Johnson decided to abstain. I attended despite the Killie Trust apologising to the rest of Scottish football because their Chairman took the correct action.

I did NOT attend Tynecastle, Easter Road, Tannadice, St Mirren Park, of Fir Park etc these last four seasons. I will NOT attend any of the other clubs that passed responsibility to their fans, knowing the result.

The takeover was not fraudulent mate. Read through the charges and you'll see that is not what is being alleged. It was a straighforward sale with certain conditions attached. The alleged fraud came about through the repayment to LBg.

As for Murray selling willingly - no crime was committed there and it has nothing to do with what later happened.

Wasn't the repayment to LBG a condition of the takeover though?

And what are the implications for LBG if Whyte is found guilty?

Did they have no responsibility to find out where he'd got the money from?

Edited by RANGERRAB

Reference Killie.

I attended the Scottish Cup replay at Rugby Park(along with 11,000 fellow Bears) because Michael Johnson decided to abstain. I attended despite the Killie Trust apologising to the rest of Scottish football because their Chairman took the correct action.

I did NOT attend Tynecastle, Easter Road, Tannadice, St Mirren Park, of Fir Park etc these last four seasons. I will NOT attend any of the other clubs that passed responsibility to their fans, knowing the result.

Did they really consult their fans and if so how many did they consult?

I think you're wrong. The takeover WAS fraudulent. Duff and Phelps restricted the takeover to Sevco 5088 and no other bidder.. No one else was allowed to bid after that stage. In the event Rangers were sold to Sevco Scotland with no other bidders allowed. Clear fraud