Rangers 2 - 2 Celtic (Rangers win 5-4 after penalties)

Terry Butcher: Rangers' dodgy throw-in makes up for Treble hurt

TERRY BUTCHER reckons Rangers seizing on a dodgy throw-in was payback for 27 years of hurt.

Former stopper Butch was in the Ibrox side denied a Treble in 1989 after Celtic's Roy Aitken took a quick shy that should have gone the other way.

Joe Miller netted from the move that followed and the strike saw the Hoops win 1-0 to lift the Scottish Cup.

So Butcher had little sympathy as he watched Barrie McKay make the most of ref Craig Thomson's wrong call at Hampden.

Butcher said: "Celtic are claiming it was their throw-in at the McKay goal. But I can go back to 1989 when Roy Aitken took the throw-in that should have been a Rangers one.

"The ball went down the other end and Joe Miller scored and it stopped us winning the Treble.

"So it's taken a long time but it's eventually evened itself out! What a bit of quality it was from McKay though."

Gers boss Mark Warburton could be a man in demand down south this summer after steering the side to the Championship title, lifting the Petrofac Cup and securing a Scottish Cup Final spot.

But Butcher added: "People might be after him, but when you're at Rangers, you've beaten Celtic, you're in a final and have won promotion and things are going so well there's no place you would rather be.

"You wouldn't want to go somewhere else. When you're at these clubs you're treated so well, you've got all the right trappings in terms of the training ground, in terms of the support and money."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/rangers/7087072/Terry-Butcher-Rangers-dodgy-throw-in-makes-up-for-Treble-hurt.html

Still not able to watch this match on Rangerstv,I have emailed them again(2nd email,1st one not answered!) today about it!,not very happy!,fortunately I have watched the whole match elsewhere but still not happy paying for it and not being able to watch it

Still not able to watch this match on Rangerstv,I have emailed them again(2nd email,1st one not answered!) today about it!,not very happy!,fortunately I have watched the whole match elsewhere but still not happy paying for it and not being able to watch it

If you don't get a reply send an e-mail to Paul Murray asking if this is the way to treat supporters.

Ask or a refund, they will honor it. I've had to do that before.

Here we are two days later and this game still keeps on making me smile. Today's pleasure was provided courtesy of one P.McStay, who suggested that should the team meet again tomorrow, there would be a different result. Interviewer - 'Tom, what's he basing that on?' Tom English - 'Errr....wishful thinking?'

Although he's right, if we did meet again tomorrow we'd probably win 3 or 4-1.

Just tried it (from 4000 miles away) and it worked for me :D

Hope it's working for you now m8 :rfc:

PS: thanks for that great video above - good song too - 'I Am The Resurrection' by Stone Roses, very appropriate :bouncy2:

Edited by Blinkyman

St Mirren Consider Twitter Ban After 'unacceptable' Old Firm Tweets

TONY FITZPATRICK, the St Mirren chief executive, has openly criticised two of his players for comments made on social media regarding Sunday’s Old Firm match, claiming the club may look at introducing a Twitter ban on its playing staff as a result.

Scott Agnew and Stuart Carswell both took to the online platform at the weekend to show their support for Ladbrokes Championship side Rangers – who play in the same league as St Mirren and go to Paisley in two weeks – before and after the penalty shootout win over Celtic in the William Hill Scottish Cup semi-final.

Former Motherwell midfielder Carswell posted a short message on the site just a few a hours after he came off the bench in St Mirren’s 3-1 Renfrewshire derby win over Morton to say: “Good result today buzzing to see ma bro @naismith_jason back!! Now bring on the big one tmorw!!!”

Just moments after the win for Rangers on Sunday, St Mirren team-mate Agnew took to Twitter as well to post: “Rangers better all over the park with players missing! Worrying for Celtic! Enjoy your Sunday troops!”

The tweets from both players were also accompanied by a small picture of a Union Jack flag, with angry responses from St Mirren fans leading the pair to eventually deleting both posts.

Herald Sport has learned that St Mirren do have a social media policy that has been in place since Brian Caldwell, the previous CEO, was in charge. And Fitzpatrick, who took over in February, has describe the comments from both players as ‘unacceptable’, ‘disappointing’ and ‘irresponsible’ as he revealed the club are now investigating the matter further.

“We are looking into it,” he said. “We have a policy where we speak to the players at the beginning of the season. I know before I came in Brian Caldwell and people like that would have set that out.

“You are also looking for players to have a responsibility for themselves. We can all put rules in place but you’d like to think footballers would take responsibility.

“It’s unacceptable. Whether it is Celtic or Rangers or whatever, you are playing for whatever team you are playing for. If you play for St Mirren, for me, it’s unacceptable.

“I know players support other teams but they should be responsible.”

It was reported last year that Les Ferdinand, the Queens Park Rangers director of football, was going to ban players from using Twitter after a series of online spats. It is a road Fitzpatrick admits the Championship club could go down.

... it is unacceptable because of some loonies amongst your own support. These two did not even remotely came down to the level that we see from Yahoo fans and players alike.