Rangers 2 - 2 Celtic (Rangers win 5-4 after penalties)

The problem with Law is that he doesn't get game time. He's probably good at keeping the ball, spraying passes about and shoot (every now and then) from the edge of the box, which we seem to lack a little. Then being thrown in at the deep end in a OF game that is finely poised can get to you, as any mistake can be punished. Bigger players than him have failed in such circumstances.

My main bone of contention yesterday was that he did not play the ball quicker, especially when half of the Yahoo team was in our half. Maybe it was his order, but we might have hit them on the counter with either him running at the opposition or pass the ball to our attackers. Time and again he did neither. As I said at the time, he cost me more nerves than the whole build up to the game ... then again, I wasn't that hyped up anyway. All in all, a rather mild critique which - despite the cicrumstances - should be possible.

The problem with Law is that he doesn't get game time. He's probably good at keeping the ball, spraying passes about and shoot (every now and then) from the edge of the box, which we seem to lack a little. Then being thrown in at the deep end in a OF game that is finely poised can get to you, as any mistake can be punished. Bigger players than him have failed in such circumstances.

My main bone of contention yesterday was that he did not play the ball quicker, especially when half of the Yahoo team was in our half. Maybe it was his order, but we might have hit them on the counter with either him running at the opposition or pass the ball to our attackers. Time and again he did neither. As I said at the time, he cost me more nerves than the whole build up to the game ... then again, I wasn't that hyped up anyway. All in all, a rather mild critique which - despite the cicrumstances - should be possible.

I was more disappointed in Law yesterday when he DIDNT have the ball. He didn't get many touches anyway. But when Celtic were in possession he didn't get close enough to the Celtic players and he basically "shadowed" them, as can be seen by his attempt to shut down Tierney for their equalizer.

Shiels has been getting more game time than Law of late, admittedly. Shiels didn't do great with the ball yesterday either, but at least he turned up and made the effort when not in possession. Tierney did absolutely nothing until Shiels went off and that is both credit to Shiels and shows that Warburton was right in selecting Shiels ahead of Law too.

I got the impression with Law that we were witnessing the same player as last season.

And, no, I don't enjoy having a go at any of our players yesterday.

The problem with Law is that he doesn't get game time.

For me, he lacks the effort of Clark, the grit & tenacity of Shiels, and the vision & ball retention of Zelalem.

I thank Law for scoring his penalty, but, as we have observed all too often over the past few years, the Invisible Man 'forgot his bandages'............ .......hopefully for the last time.

Should we have a penalty in the first half?

what for??

the wallace one at the corner of the box? not IMO

he also went down cheaply in the second half clutching his face which was unbecoming and totally out of character.

I won't shed any tears if Law departs and it is correct to say he should have stopped the cross coming in, but Halliday totally switches off to leave Rogic in space for the goal, which annoyed me more than Law's effort at the time.

Not sure I would say Halliday switched off, looked to me more like he got caught ball-watching - but that can just as easily be construed as switching off I suppose :(

Halliday. though, at least had a fine game otherwise. Law......

what for??

he also went down cheaply in the second half clutching his face which was unbecoming and totally out of character.

The one where he went down clutching his face was one of those that could have been given on another day. Bitton (I think) simply stood his ground. But it could also be seen as obstruction. Wallace did run into him and, to be fair to Wallace, I don't think he was making it look like he took a thump in the face, more that he had pushed the ball past the player and then got body-checked trying to get round him.

I won't shed any tears if Law departs and it is correct to say he should have stopped the cross coming in, but Halliday totally switches off to leave Rogic in space for the goal, which annoyed me more than Law's effort at the time.

Yes, Halliday got caught ball watching, just like Tav and drifted away from Rogic. Neither Halliday or Tav anticipated the cutback pass from Tierney more likely expecting a cross into the box. But I can forgive Halliday for that 84' laps in concentration because of his tireless effort, bossing Broon all game, tackling like a demon, and his penalty shot. Surely a worthy candidate for MOTM up to that point. The effort to eliminate that Tierney pass was what was required from Law. Halliday's boldness/effort has always been missing or all to fleeting in Law's play, especially on a day when we needed it most.

If MOH & King had not been 'cup-tied', Waghorn & Forrester not been injured, Law may not have been on the bench at all, with any luck, IMHO :D

what for??

Yeah that one. Didn't see it. Thought the defender stuck his arm out at the second one.