Rangers vs Alloa

More sloppy defending, more sloppy finishing. Take out the OF game and we have been pretty poor for many weeks. Only two games left to play against these amateur sides that are professional in name only, and bring nothing to Scottish football. No fans, no quality, kick & defend tactics, goodbye and good riddance. If we never have to play Alloa again, it will be too soon.

Let's not kid ourselves, the "romance" of this "journey" has all been manufactured as spin. For the main part, this four year punishment for being the victim of a major fraud has been abhorrent. We can now say from a position of having gone through all the divisions that our country can only sustain two divisions of professional football clubs, and the rest should be done away with from the SPFL ranks. As a paying supporter who has travelled to all of these lower league clubs over the last 4 years, there is absolutely nothing these clubs have in terms of a professional football club that is in any way shape or form professional.

Annan, Brechin, Alloa, Cowdenbeath, etc all have done absolutely nothing for our game for decades, if at all, and should not have the inherited right to dine with the professional clubs. Full time professional clubs only should be part of our SPFL leagues, the rest make up the pyramid system of amateur/junior ranks.

It would take a courageous individual indeed to take such a sword to the leagues. Sadly, I don't disagree.

Evening lads! Not long back from game, it was one of those games where it's the end of a long season, players know the league is won, and I got the feeling just didn't want to get injured. The atmosphere was very flat too, except celebrations at the end. A strange day really and probably seemed that way for players and supporters due to the highs of the last few weeks.

Terrible first goal again to lose, I missed the penalty as was in the bog and I reckon for me our two best today were Taverneir and wee Barrie, although Wallace was solid too. WATP.

From Ibrox Loyal Fb page.

Well done Mark Warburton. ...

Mark Warburton Gifts Title Winners Medal to Young Fan

Mark Warburton gifted his league winners’ medal to a young Rangers fan who is fighting Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.

Lee Welsh is an 11-year-old diehard fan of the club who is currently halfway through his treatment plan to fight the illness.

He’s looking to raise money to help his cause and has grown close to the club as part of that, joining Warburton and his team as they trained last month and even took part in one of the manager’s press conferences.

Several Rangers players have shown their support for Lee via social media and he also walked the team out ahead of their clash with Alloa this afternoon.

And after joining in their post-match celebrations as they got their hands on the Championship trophy, Welsh was also gifted the manager’s league-winning medal:

It’s an amazing gesture from Warburton – and one he’s quite rightly getting praise for from supporters of the club:

Rangers were unable to mark their title party with a victory as they were held to a 1-1 draw by a stuffy Alloa side.

But that hasn’t soured the celebrations, with 50,000 supporters hailing their manager and team.

I don't agree at all. These clubs have supporters every bit as passionate as we are.

We should respect them all. It's not all about top dogs.....

and yes the spinners did their best to promote "our journey" but we've seen and should have found empathy with the lower reaches of the game in our country.

The eye opener for me was seeing where the money goes. It's astonishing that for example, the clubs benefiting most from our play offs last season were those at the top of the first tier...namely Celitic and Aberdeen. Same with the money TV produced. We got peanuts and every other team that appeared on our televised games got less, with the top half of SPFL taking the rest

Was there today much as I expected having seen it so often in the past,two teams with nothing to play for and game ending in stalemate,so what I enjoyed presentation at end even if preparations took a bit long.Was happy for players and management for getting us back to where we belong and to sporting gesture by Alloa pre kick off.

Regards ejecting smaller teams from SPFL "no way" towns/cities/villages etc. have every right to be in leagues of all types,if SFA/SPFL are truly interested should look at more even split of revenue "syphoned".