SC Final Hibs allocation

Cup finals should be for fans that attend each week.

It's wrong that someone who hasn't been too a game all season goes at the expense of a season ticket holder.

Or that thousands of Hibs fans who couldn't find Easter Road with a sat nav will be able to buy a ticket and attend the final.

These matches should be allocated on average season tickets sold. Hivs should get one end of Hampden only - and even that is being generous.

Cup finals should be for fans that attend each week.

It's wrong that someone who hasn't been too a game all season goes at the expense of a season ticket holder.

Not really. We have cup finals at a neutral venue for a reason. If there is a reasonable expectation that a team will sell the allocated tickets then it should get them. The number of fans of the other team shouldn't make a difference.

Besides, season ticket holders don't all attend each week. There are fans who attend each week but they number much less than 50% of Hampden.

Not really. We have cup finals at a neutral venue for a reason. If there is a reasonable expectation that a team will sell the allocated tickets then it should get them. The number of fans of the other team shouldn't make a difference.

Besides, season ticket holders don't all attend each week. There are fans who attend each week but they number much less than 50% of Hampden.

Season ticket holders have paid into football whether they attend each week or not. Some guy sitting at home for 51 Saturdays of the year contributes nothing to the good of the game and should therefore not be entitled to anything.

Not really. We have cup finals at a neutral venue for a reason.

Yes, but it's not really fan number related.

If there is a reasonable expectation that a team will sell the allocated tickets then it should get them. The number of fans of the other team shouldn't make a difference.

You haven't explained why fans who hardly go should get them in front of those who regularly go.

OK replace "each" with "extremely regularly" (as if it makes a difference to the point)

The season ticket holders are the ones who put time and money into supporting the Scottish game. The stay at home charlies who only turn up for cup finals don't and I fail to see why they should be rewarded as Boabie points out.

I think the contrarian argument is that some of the lustre of a Cup Final is about being played at a neutral venue with a relatively even split of fans - making it as close as possible to being solely about which team performs best on the day. That is some of the Magic of Cup Finals.

To be honest, I can see both points of view. boabie's is a compelling one but also only looks at it through a ST holder's perspective. The example given is one extreme and another extreme. Are we saying that ST holders are entitled to more than those who pay by the game ? What about those who pay by the game but still attend every game ? Should they be excluded because they didn't purchase a ST ?

To give just one example of others who are not eligible.... I have my online ST for Rangers TV but as I don't attend physically to many games each season I am excluded from being able to purchase - on what basis ? That I wouldn't be able to travel to Scotland for the Final ? That is a bit of an assumption.

For me, and I know this wont be popular because it is clearly to the detriment of Rangers ST holders, but I think that there is much to be said for the magic and beauty of Cup football and the expectation that each Club gets the same number of tickets allocated. But I do understand the frustration of ST holders losing out to people who may never have been to a Hibs game in their lives ! I completely understand the frustration.

I think the contrarian argument is that some of the lustre of a Cup Final is about being played at a neutral venue with a relatively even split of fans - making it as close as possible to being solely about which team performs best on the day. That is some of the Magic of Cup Finals.

To be honest, I can see both points of view. boabie's is a compelling one but also only looks at it through a ST holder's perspective. The example given is one extreme and another extreme. Are we saying that ST holders are entitled to more than those who pay by the game ? What about those who pay by the game but still attend every game ? Should they be excluded because they didn't purchase a ST ?

To give just one example of others who are not eligible.... I have my online ST for Rangers TV but as I don't attend physically to many games each season I am excluded from being able to purchase - on what basis ? That I wouldn't be able to travel to Scotland for the Final ? That is a bit of an assumption.

For me, and I know this wont be popular because it is clearly to the detriment of Rangers ST holders, but I think that there is much to be said for the magic and beauty of Cup football and the expectation that each Club gets the same number of tickets allocated. But I do understand the frustration of ST holders losing out to people who may never have been to a Hibs game in their lives ! I completely understand the frustration.

Craig, even guys who go to only 3 or 4 matches a season contribute far more to the game of football than those who call themselves football fans of a particular team who only go to a game when their club reaches a final every 10 or 15 years or longer.

Football is sold to tv. Atmosphere at a match makes the product more exciting thus possibly worth more. The bloke sitting in his house listening to the radio puts nothing onto the worth of football.

Craig, even guys who go to only 3 or 4 matches a season contribute far more to the game of football than those who call themselves football fans of a particular team who only go to a game when their club reaches a final every 10 or 15 years or longer.

Football is sold to tv. Atmosphere at a match makes the product more exciting thus possibly worth more. The bloke sitting in his house listening to the radio puts nothing onto the worth of football.

the guy listening to the wireless is why SPFL and SFA get money from broadcasters.

Oh I don't disagree with you about those who only ever go to a Cup Final not contributing - but, rightly or wrongly, Cup Final ticket allocations aren't about those contributing is it ? I thought the Cup Final allocation was about giving each team equal tickets to enjoy the day out. Admittedly football has moved on a great deal though.

Would the atmosphere at a match not be more exciting if the stadium were filled by a 50:50 split between two teams rather than one team having 80% of the fans there ?

the guy listening to the wireless is why SPFL and SFA get money from broadcasters.

The BBC pay around £3m for tv AND radio coverage. They would also have radio coverage if there was nobody listening to it.