SC Final Hibs allocation

Oh I don't disagree with you about those who only ever go to a Cup Final not contributing - but, rightly or wrongly, Cup Final ticket allocations aren't about those contributing is it ? I thought the Cup Final allocation was about giving each team equal tickets to enjoy the day out. Admittedly football has moved on a great deal though.

Would the atmosphere at a match not be more exciting if the stadium were filled by a 50:50 split between two teams rather than one team having 80% of the fans there ?

I'm on about atmosphere at every day matches not cup finals. There is nothing more depressing than radio coverage of a match where the crowd is in the hundreds and you can hear the local dugs barking.

As for ticket allocations - we've seen it before where some minor team can't sell them all and Rangers fans are expected to arrange everything at the last minute just to take up a ticket some rugby or golf fan decided they didn't want.

You haven't explained why fans who hardly go should get them in front of those who regularly go.

Cup finals should be as neutral as possible. A neutral stadium and an equal split of the tickets where possible. How many advantages do we need to win?

OK replace "each" with "extremely regularly" (as if it makes a difference to the point)

The season ticket holders are the ones who put time and money into supporting the Scottish game. The stay at home charlies who only turn up for cup finals don't and I fail to see why they should be rewarded as Boabie points out.

It really does make a difference to the point. There are fans who go each week but it is, in most cases, the fans who sign up to the CCC. When you sign up for the CCC you will, in my experience, see a little box that you can tick if you want to sign up for semi finals and finals. The mechanism for getting such tickets is clear. The rest knowingly leave it to chance.

9900 Junkies all in one place?? Wouldn't fancy being on needle clean up duty outside there today! Tbh I actually think they will sell their final allocation as the will all come crawling out from methadone rehab!! Our Ballot must be Tuesday this week, fingernail biting time again. Yikes??

Cup finals should be as neutral as possible. A neutral stadium and an equal split of the tickets where possible. How many advantages do we need to win?

So to ensure neutrality should Rangers be limited to the same number of tickets as their opposition if they don't sell all their tickets? We wouldn't want the bigger team to have an advantage.

Cup finals should be a reward for the regular fans and not for the once a year fans, who benefit from their team having a crappy support.

It really does make a difference to the point. There are fans who go each week but it is, in most cases, the fans who sign up to the CCC. When you sign up for the CCC you will, in my experience, see a little box that you can tick if you want to sign up for semi finals and finals. The mechanism for getting such tickets is clear. The rest knowingly leave it to chance.

I'm not sure as to the relevance of the CCCS in your point. So if 35,000 had signed up for the CCCS they should all get tickets?

I guess we'll never agree. I place the regular fans in front of the concept of ensuring strict neutrality and you place more emphasis on the latter. We are trying to encourage people to attend regularly but that concept seems to disappear at final time unfortunately.

Edited by Bluedell

Cup finals should be a reward for the regular fans and not for the once a year fans, who benefit from their team having a crappy support.

The point I've been making - depending on who reaches the final some fans are maybe going for the first time in 40 or 50 years. There will be many too who haven't actually attended a game of any description before.

So to ensure neutrality should Rangers be limited to the same number of tickets as their opposition if they don't sell all their tickets? We wouldn't want the bigger team to have an advantage.

No. 'possible' is probably the wrong word for me to use. Perhaps it is better to say as neutral as is reasonable. It's reasonable to give Hibernian the chance to sell 21,000 tickets for this match. Surprised that you need to ask this question.

I have no idea what the basis of your latter point is.

On the above points I probably side on the side of both teams being offered equal allocation. Having said that, it is purely an opinion as there is also a very good argument for pro rata allocation. I may well lose out again in the final ballot due to a his, however being objective on it, I feel it is appropriate that both teams are offered equal allocation and then any that are not sold should be given to the other side if requested. It shouldn't be at the last minute for example and this should be enforced at least a week prior to any neutral match taking place. It's a tough one though??

Edited by cooponthewing

I'm not sure as to the relevance of the CCCS in your point. So if 35,000 had signed up for the CCCS they should all get tickets?

I guess we'll never agree. I place the regular fans in front of the concept of ensuring strict neutrality and you place more emphasis on the latter. We are trying to encourage people to attend regularly but that concept seems to disappear at final time unfortunately.

If the CCCS exceeds the allocation then it goes to a ballot. Everybody knows this when signing up. Again I'm surprised you are asking this as it is difficult to take seriously.

Funny that you mention concepts disappearing at final time. It seems to me that everybody knows that cup finals aim to be neutral. Could it be that this concept disappears in the minds of people who didn't take the obvious steps required to get a ticket?