The manks and their resolution 12 nonsense.

It will be interesting to see if their theory is correct that Neil Lennon was "constantly attacked and victimised" because he was an Irish Catholic will carry over into Brendan Rodgers. Or will it prove our theory that it was because he was an antagonising little bigoted ned who courted trouble. I wonder.

good point

and in a wider sense with rogers and MW both knowing each other there should be none of the poison that would have flowed had it been lennon or keane

I'm not concerned by this appointment at all. Rodgers is still effectively unproven. He inherited a fantastic player in Suarez and when he left Rodgers was found wanting.

The easiest way to state my feelings on it is to say that I wouldn't swap Warburton for Rodgers.

I'm not concerned by this appointment at all. Rodgers is still effectively unproven. He inherited a fantastic player in Suarez and when he left Rodgers was found wanting.

The easiest way to state my feelings on it is to say that I wouldn't swap Warburton for Rodgers.

The problem with that is that the very Warburton you rate so highly thinks Rodgers is the real deal. So you'll just have to hope Warburton doesn't know what he is talking about and is hopeless at evaluating football managers (since he also rated Mckay, I double hope so) .

Rodgers has every advantage over Warburton - the authorities are tim controlled, every other team is desperate for us never to win the league again, more money, more choice, bigger squad, not been in lower leagues for four years.

His, Rodgers', transfer dealings at Liverpool were as appalling as his alleged private dealings ;-o so I hope it all goes wrong due to that again but I do worry that many of us are crowing far too early. I'm disappointed they've got him, tbh, despite noting his record is not without hopeful signs.

Edited by SteveC

Obviously the timing of the announcement is to take the tim minds off the fact they are not in the SC final. Rodgers has in fact not done much as a manager except for that 1 Liverpool year and as was pointed out that was not his team.

Thankfully the tims have not yet learned how bad Brown is as they are posting now he will have Barton for his dinner. They didn't seem to see how far off he was in the SC semi. Hopefully Rodgers thinks the same.

And his excellent spells at his previous 2 clubs.

I think he'll be a success, unfortunately. However, I still believe, looking back at his record, that his success has been built upon the work of others. His Watford and Reading spells were poor, but his success at Swansea was built upon Roberto Martinez' work (both first-team and youth set-up) and Liverpool upon Suarez.

I think Warburton is better placed, as he can build a team from the ground up; not built upon the work of others.

The problem with that is that the very Warburton you rate so highly thinks Rodgers is the real deal. So you'll just have to hope Warburton doesn't know what he is talking about and is hopeless at evaluating football managers (since he also rated Mckay, I double hope so) .

Rodgers has every advantage over Warburton - the authorities are tim controlled, every other team is desperate for us never to win the league again, more money, more choice, bigger squad, not been in lower leagues for four years.

His, Rodgers', transfer dealings at Liverpool were as appalling as his alleged private dealings ;-o so I hope it all goes wrong due to that again but I do worry that many of us are crowing far too early. I'm disappointed they've got him, tbh, despite noting his record is not without hopeful signs.

You can't take what Mark Warburton may say about another manager as a totally honest appraisal. He's a polite guy when it comes to talking about people in general and people in the same business in particular. You will never see him be anything other than complimentary to someone who has never given him any cause to be anything else.