Hibernian yet to respond to Rangers following pitch violence

You underestimate this mob they don't give a shit about the rest of the world. They are cocooned in their own web and think they are untouchable. They will ride out the storm by bobbing and weaving and at the end of the day little will have changed except there will be a few A4 papers typed out and put in a plastic cover ending up in a filing cabinet. A few wrists will be slapped and life will go on.

You could be right because nothing would surprise me about the poisonous Scottish football environment but there has to be a point when any imagined unbreachable cocoon reaches breaching point and this could very well be it. Not all of the press is downplaying it, the Herald for example points out that there were an estimated minimum 5,000 Hibs contingent on the pitch and they also say that that there was a full 5 minutes of being taunted and watching assaults on their team before Rangers fans took to the field at all which they describe in this fashion.

By this time there were easily 5000 Hibs supporters on the pitch, maybe more, and they all-but covered every inch from the centre line to the goal, and those from the Rangers end who got past the stewards numbered a couple of hundred at most.

My 8 year old is just at the point he wants to come to games. We've never pushed him to support Rangers - he chose Man U, god help us! But, he wants to come with us to see the Gers. The weekend shook him a bit and we weren't even there! He wanted to know if going to a game is safe & why do the other fans hate us so much.

We've sorted him out, and he's fine now but I do honestly wish grown fucking men would get a grip sometimes. In one of the videos you can see a guy taunting Rangers fans whilst his wee boy is crying beside him cause he is terrified. All those guys who feel they had a great time would do well to remember all the kids they scared the shit out of, in their desperation to get it up the rangers.

Rant over sorry, it just winds me up.

Purely In the interests of seeing sporting Integrity maintained by Scottish football, why hasn't Rod Petrie temporarily stepped down from his position within the SFA. Whilst an ''Independent'' Commission is being picked?

Surely he should be clearly at an arms length, so as not to be seen influencing, advising or helping to pick the commissions members.

The club should be making it's feelings know on this, on Petrie's position in influencing any commission?

The gloves need to come off when dealing with this Petrie.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Don't hold your breath!

If he is not sacked/forced to resign then Scottish football will never move forward,he has been one of the main reasons Scottish football is the pits!,him and his shitty wee club!

If he is not sacked/forced to resign then Scottish football will never move forward,he has been one of the main reasons Scottish football is the pits!,him and his shitty wee club!

The club need to get on this issue sharply, how can Petrie with a position of power within the SFA. Be allowed to possible influence the picking of a ''supposed'' "' independent commission'' ? it can't be allowed to stand, what's happened to the high standards of Sporting integrity?

My 8 year old is just at the point he wants to come to games. We've never pushed him to support Rangers - he chose Man U, god help us! But, he wants to come with us to see the Gers. The weekend shook him a bit and we weren't even there! He wanted to know if going to a game is safe & why do the other fans hate us so much.

We've sorted him out, and he's fine now but I do honestly wish grown fucking men would get a grip sometimes. In one of the videos you can see a guy taunting Rangers fans whilst his wee boy is crying beside him cause he is terrified. All those guys who feel they had a great time would do well to remember all the kids they scared the shit out of, in their desperation to get it up the rangers.

Rant over sorry, it just winds me up.

My brother is 10 years younger than me and back in the seventies used to stand down at the front at matches. It always troubled me when I saw numbskulls throwing bottles from half way up the terracing. Did those clowns really think they had a chance of hitting somebody at the opposite end of a stadium ?