Ashley summonsed to appear before MP's.

I hope he does goes in with the 'I'm not sacred of you type attitude' because he'll be more liable to drop a clanger. However I think his advisers & lawyers will be extremely careful to prompt and stop him where they deem neccessary.

I don't know what the procedure is for this type of thing. It's not a court so I'm thinking along the lines that he may have to go in there and face them alone with no prompting from lawyers on the sidelines. That would be the preferred scenario because this is an individual who appears to have developed a führer type mentality and who may snap when faced with people who have no respect for his kind of mindset.

Edited by JFK-1

The answers will be short and sweet and his total disdain and contempt for them will shine through like a beacon. He believes he should be allowed to do as he pleases with his own Company and he certainly doesnt believe he should be answerable to some jumped up politicians who dont have a clue how to run a business and are merely looking for a soundbite. His arrogance knows no bounds as we know to our cost.

I will be utterly amazed if the appearance at Westminster, if it ever comes about, does not look exactly like this.

Bang on the money!

I think that the fat shit is a bully, one with bucketloads of animal cunning, but a bully nonetheless.

It seems to me that he is somewhat loose of bowel at the thought of appearing before people whom he will not be able to threaten, shout down,

financially terrorise, or fob off with lickspittles in his employ, all in the full glare of the modern media.

I should love to see him in court defending, oh, say, his contracts with Rangers Retail.

I don't know what the procedure is for this type of thing. It's not a court so I'm thinking along the lines that he may have to go in there and face them alone with no prompting from lawyers on the sidelines. That would be the preferred scenario because this is an individual who appears to have developed a führer type mentality and who may snap when faced with people who have no respect for his kind of mindset.

Last year he sent in one of his senior men, the ex top cop . The MP's tore him up for ersepaper and made him look like a total fool.

There is nothing to prevent him having legal counsel alongside him.

Think back to the infamous Maxwell Brothers session where the answered "No comment" to practically every question whilst having George Carmen QC sitting next to them.

Taking the fifth, so to speak, would make him appear even worse than he is perceived now, I don't think he can even look as though

he has come out on top with that strategy.

Of course, he will struggle if he elects to answer, and the Committee members are on their game.

I think of Mrs Margaret Hodge, in this regard, although I don't think she is on that particular panel.

Damned if he does, and damned if he don't: a damned shame, don't you think?

Taking the fifth, so to speak, would make him appear even worse than he is perceived now, I don't think he can even look as though

Of course, he will struggle if he elects to answer, and the Committee members are on their game.

I think of Mrs Margaret Hodge, in this regard, although I don't think she is on that particular panel.

I absolutely LOVE these committee hearings. It's the only time MP's appear human to me. They tear into every dodging chancer sitting in front of them. I'll be watching or recording for sure.

Do you honestly think for one minute he cares how he looks? Not a chance.

I absolutely LOVE these committee hearings. It's the only time MP's appear human to me. They tear into every dodging chancer sitting in front of them. I'll be watching or recording for sure.

Do you know how much leverage these committees actually have or how much weight they carry? Not an awful lot is the bottom line.