Ashley summonsed to appear before MP's.

Welcome to capitalism in the twenty first century. If we leave the EU stand by for more erosion of workers' rights, no EU working directive etc. A world ruled by Boris and Gove. Think before you vote to leave. Oh, and trade unions even more hamstrung than they are now.

nah

we're in the EU and scum like this already thrive

nah

we're in the EU and scum like this already thrive

And they thrive because many of those hypocritical MPs grilling him have already either voted for, or even drafted, anti-union laws which prevent workers from organising against the unacceptable faces of capitalism. Leaving the EU will simply give the green light to completely ban lawful worker organisation and protest. That's not to say the EU is perfect for workers - far from it. I just see staying as the lesser of two evils.

And they thrive because many of those hypocritical MPs grilling him have already either voted for, or even drafted, anti-union laws which prevent workers from organising against the unacceptable faces of capitalism. Leaving the EU will simply give the green light to completely ban lawful worker organisation and protest. That's not to say the EU is perfect for workers - far from it. I just see staying as the lesser of two evils.

I agree. The EU is a capitalist club certainly but most of the right wing dick heads who are pushing for "Brexit" are doing so to get rid of costly legislation on workers rights and health and safety in industry. that's the "red tape" they're on about in Europe. If the British working class had the balls and the Trade Union organisation of their French counterparts, I'd be all for bailing out but unfortunately the tories and new labour have emasculated the TU movement so I'll stick with European protection thank you very much

I agree. The EU is a capitalist club certainly but most of the right wing dick heads who are pushing for "Brexit" are doing so to get rid of costly legislation on workers rights and health and safety in industry. that's the "red tape" they're on about in Europe. If the British working class had the balls and the Trade Union organisation of their French counterparts, I'd be all for bailing out but unfortunately the tories and new labour have emasculated the TU movement so I'll stick with European protection thank you very much

what protection

how did the EU protect British workers from the like of ashley?

what protection

how did the EU protect British workers from the like of ashley?

Health and Safety at Work for one. If he steps over the line he'll face a court. There are absolutely dozens of other pieces of legislation referring to workers rights which the EU implemented.

That's from someone who has no interest in Brussels too.

Unfortunately since the unions got emasculated and the labour party turned into the tory party there is nobody else looking after the workforce.

Is there a follow up to this?

MP's being what they are you can be certain they'll find something on Ashley to prosecute. It was reported on the news this morning that the tax man is going to fine him for some breach. Imo the important thing is nd becoming more toxic.