Shall we play a game? Euro '16 Prediction League!

The website we used for the world cup worked out well last time. They do all the major tournaments:

https://euros.predictthefootball.com/

Do you know who organised that? I had no idea -- I wasn't around then!

I'll keep it in-house for simplicity -- I've got the time anyway -- but it's good to know about these third party offerings.

Edited by Rousseau

I'm in, should be fun. Looking forward to tournament.

Not sure who to go for to win it. France as hosts will be hard to beat, Spain probably have the best squad, the Italians & Germans are always dangerous in tournaments, but there may be one or two dark horses (Portugal, Belgium?) also worth a e/w punt if the draw works out favourably.

England's defence is not good enough for them to succeed, Wales & NI will not get out their groups IMO, so lots of things to ponder before Friday.

BTW, while those in here will sure watch the/some games ...

Although the new laws don't officially come into effect until June 1, England has agreed with the International Football Association Board to have them implemented before that.

Here are the main ones to look out for:

No more "triple punishments" — Genuine attempts to play the ball by "last line of defence" defenders or goalies which bring down opponents will no longer result in the triple punishment of a red card, penalty, and suspension. Yellow cards will be used instead unless the foul was particularly brutal or there was a handball.

More water breaks — Perhaps anticipating the temperatures of the upcoming Qatar World Cup, players will be permitted a brief time-out to drink some water in particularly hot playing conditions.

No more fake penalty kicks — A favourite tactic of Lionel Messi, sending the keeper diving the wrong way with a pretend "pre-kick" is no longer allowed. Penalty takers must now follow through with their penalty kicks in one movement.

Pre-match bad behaviour can be punished — Previously the game would have to start before a player could be sent off by the referee, but now bad behaviour, for instance in the warm-up period, can result in a red card before the match even begins.

Players don't have to leave the pitch to get treatment — If a player is fouled enough to warrant a card, they can receive a brief spell of treatment on the pitch. Previously they would have to be stretchered off.

Kick-offs can now go backwards — Traditionally the ball would have to be passed forward, but now it can go in any direction as long as one other player is in the centre circle.

Although not scheduled for Euro 2016, another future rule change could be penalty goals.

When Luis Suarez blocked a certain goal with his hands on the goal line in the Uruguay-Ghana match in the 2010 World Cup, he was sent off and Ghana was given a penalty (which they missed). Under the proposed new law such an act would result in an instant goal for the other team.

http://www.businessinsider.de/the-international-football-association-has-new-rules-which-will-affect-euro-championships?r=UK&IR=T

I like most of these changes der Berliner.

Another change that should be made and one that gets right on my tits is when a goalkeeper takes a short bye kick and a teammate then touches the ball before it leaves the 18 yard box it's an automatic retake. This should be a free kick to the opposition.

I like most of these changes der Berliner.

Another change that should be made and one that gets right on my tits is when a goalkeeper takes a short bye kick and a teammate then touches the ball before it leaves the 18 yard box it's an automatic retake. This should be a free kick to the opposition.

Agree OV, have said that for years. It should be an indirect free kick to the opponent.