Shall we play a game? Euro '16 Prediction League!

On the triple punishments, I dont agree with that. It should still be a red card. Perhaps no future suspension if it was a genuine attempt that was just mis-timed.

I like the treatment on the pitch idea, especially that they have said it is only if the result is a card for a bad tackle. It means the fakers have to go off the pitch, but true victims can continue without having to leave.

I also like the idea of penalty goals - but can see it causing huge controversy as to what constitutes a relevant incident. In Scotland I know who would benefit most from this!

Just seen the BBC have a predictor league running where you can set up a league with your mates. That may be the simplest option for us as the BBC are doing all the work!

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/predictor

Thanks for this. I'll just keep it in-house -- it's no bother. It's easy for everyone to place a prediction in a post, rather than signing into a BBC account.

Point system is very similar (10 points for correct result, and 40 points for correct score).

I like most of these changes der Berliner.

Another change that should be made and one that gets right on my tits is when a goalkeeper takes a short bye kick and a teammate then touches the ball before it leaves the 18 yard box it's an automatic retake. This should be a free kick to the opposition.

Absolutely. It gives the keeper and defender a "get out of jail free" card if they screw it up. Should lose possession as TB says.

On the triple punishments, I dont agree with that. It should still be a red card. Perhaps no future suspension if it was a genuine attempt that was just mis-timed.

I like the treatment on the pitch idea, especially that they have said it is only if the result is a card for a bad tackle. It means the fakers have to go off the pitch, but true victims can continue without having to leave.

I also like the idea of penalty goals - but can see it causing huge controversy as to what constitutes a relevant incident. In Scotland I know who would benefit most from this!

I agree it should be a red card still. Perhaps a red card for such an offence as preventing a goal scoring opportunity should be considered, points wise, the same as a yellow. A red given for violent conduct then I believe it should still merit a "proper" red because if the player connects he potentially puts an opponent out for the tournament, meaning the victims team are punished by losing a player.

Penalty goals is an excellent idea - the problem being that it can be very subjective. But perhaps the easiest way is simply that if a shot is on target or generally headed in the direction of the goal (use camera footage, though you also have to consider angles) and a handball takes place... then a penalty goal ensues. Not necessarily a red card though as that would be a double punishment.

Thanks for this. I'll just keep it in-house -- it's no bother. It's easy for everyone to place a prediction in a post, rather than signing into a BBC account.

Point system is very similar (10 points for correct result, and 40 points for correct score).

No problem to me mate, if you are willing to do it fair play to you. Just making sure you knew there was another option.

You go on the BBS website TB ? Reading from those pesky journalists ? :ninja: :fish:

Yes I like the BBC sports section - UK wide site. It keeps me up to date with the other sports I love (tennis, cricket) and also English footy. BBC Scotland is typically awful (Wilson excepted), but easy to navigate for a technophobe like me!

I know what you were getting at though!