Craig Whyte will stand trial alone on Rangers fraud charges (adjourned to 29th July)

It will take another few months before we find that out. What I'm interested in is whether or not they'll now be useful witnesses against the remaining defendant.

I'd say it's certain they will be crown witnesses. I also hope we see fresh charges against Green and co.

And then there was one if memory serves me right he has not entered a plea makes me think he will walk free of any charges .

compo, there was no requirement for him to enter a plea. Very few do at this stage. Also, the charges he will be facing eventually will be set out in a new indictment before his trial. I for one have no doubt he will face trial and we'll all be happy at the end of it.

Just to mention the DR article on yesterdays events that shines a tiny sliver of light on things.

It tells of a judge who wasn't at all happy with the Crown/Prosecutor and the uncertainty that still surrounded proceedings.

The situation only became clear after judge Lord Bannatyne appeared to lose patience with prosecutors yesterday, while Whyte sat in the dock.

Within seconds of arriving, the judge berated advocate depute Bill McVicar over the lack of clear direction and demanded he spell out “one by one” who was still facing charges.

Bannatyne said: “Nobody seems to quite know what the current position is on anything.

“I want the Crown to make crystal clear what its position is. There seems to remain complete uncertainty.”

McVicar said charges had been dropped in relation to Withey, Grier, Whitehouse, and Clark saying: “There will be no further proceedings.”

Bannatyne replied: “You are saying the only person left in the dock is Mr Whyte and I can proceed towards a trial.”

Full article

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/craig-whyte-sacks-top-lawyer-8111905#f26CbCDxIXX84VLP.97

Edited by buster.