UEFA Cup Player ratings and MoM Poll...

I agree he is/was a world class keeper but he would need games to get his match fitness up - and what if we lose these games and allow Aberdeen, Hearts etc to get back in the fight for 2nd place ?

Has McGregor really done THAT much wrong to warrant being dropped ? Not in my opinion.

exactly, 1 and a half games does not warrant a first team place!:confused:

McGregor gets stick because he is a young Scottish keeper, everyone was shouting about Gordon at Hearts, quite right, but for me McGregor has been by far better than him this season,IMO stick with him,unless we buy a superstar keeper, as he is our no;1, as for Klos, sorry but the end of the season can't come quick enough so we can get him off the wage bill, he has been a great keeper for us but quite frankly he doesn't give a shit about Rangers now for whatever reason, or he would still be our no;1 keeper

I would be pretty confident that McGregor will be #1 next season.

Klos had a couple of flaps last night as well, and nearly cost us a 2nd goal when mis-communicating with Ehiogu.

Larsson is a bad comparison Gribz - Man U don't have much depth up front (by their standards) so it made sense for Larsson to play - he also is match fit whereas Klos is not. The reason that Man U are short up front is due to injuries so they wouldn't be pissing anyone else off that is fit bvut being looked over (as would be the case with Mcgregor if Klos plays each week).

His time has come and gone at Rangers - but you and I will have to agree to disagree about that.

Ok we'll agree to disagree - thats the benefits of a democratic society :)

However, Id also be happy with McGregor in goal next season if we are happy to go for 2nd place again. Im not just singleing him out, im picking the others like Adam, Murray, Rae and Boyd - they arent good enough to win us the title back if they all play. - But thats a different matter.

I'll give McGregor a few points for some saves this season but overall he isnt in the same league as keepers we have had over the last 20 years. Maybe Goram could come in and be his keeping coach - that would do no harm!!

Yes, Ehiogu and Klos had a blip the other night but its there first time playing together so its understandable.

But the Larsson comparison isnt a bad one - Man U still knew a few weeks ago he was leaving when they had 5 strikers fit but still played him quite simply coz he is 1 of their best 2 strikers available. Its more of an example than a comparison that you play the best on offer to you.

I accept Der Goalie is going in 2 months time but then again so is Novo yet people are still saying he should start on sunday!!!

Novo isn't guaranteed to be going though Gribz, whilst Klos is most definitely going.

Re the Larsson comparison I think you are half right - you are talking about playing your best players, and that's fine. However, you aren't factoring in that Larsson was fully match fit when being considered to play for Man U whilst Klos is NOWHERE near match fit.

I will give you a different example, which you might like...... Stephen Smith (having played well all season) gets sent off against Tel Aviv and Roberto Carlos comes in having not played for 2 years and obviously not match fit. Carlos plays one game, does well - does that really mean that he should play ahead of Smith just because he is/was a better player ? Fitness becomes a factor. The other thing that is a factor is whether the player can even be bothered playing. Larsson still looks very keen, not so sure about Klos (ohhhh, and I am sure you will say keep Carlos in the team ;) )

It is all about opinions I guess - but I personally have more confidence in playing McGregor this Sunday against Celtic.

But no matter who is in goal (and it is almost certain it will be McGregor) hopefully they keep a clean sheet.

Sorry but all respect I ever had for Klos went out the window when we approached him to attend our RSC Dance.

Klos was at that time injured and not in the squads. Our club chairman approached Klos in the Argyle Suite prior to a game and extended an invitation to Klos. His response? 'I don't understand English' and walked away....

So Mr Klos, you don't understand English? Well you understand enough to bank you're �£35K a week wages....:mad:

Cammy F

Novo isn't guaranteed to be going though Gribz, whilst Klos is most definitely going.

Re the Larsson comparison I think you are half right - you are talking about playing your best players, and that's fine. However, you aren't factoring in that Larsson was fully match fit when being considered to play for Man U whilst Klos is NOWHERE near match fit.

I will give you a different example, which you might like...... Stephen Smith (having played well all season) gets sent off against Tel Aviv and Roberto Carlos comes in having not played for 2 years and obviously not match fit. Carlos plays one game, does well - does that really mean that he should play ahead of Smith just because he is/was a better player ? Fitness becomes a factor. The other thing that is a factor is whether the player can even be bothered playing. Larsson still looks very keen, not so sure about Klos (ohhhh, and I am sure you will say keep Carlos in the team ;) )

It is all about opinions I guess - but I personally have more confidence in playing McGregor this Sunday against Celtic.

But no matter who is in goal (and it is almost certain it will be McGregor) hopefully they keep a clean sheet.

Not a great reply, is that just to win a point? :) . Did you only used the Carlos example out of spite from the other thread? And it cant be compared anyway whereas the Larsson example is pretty similar i.e. a player on way out of the club but still plays.

Not a great reply, is that just to win a point? :) . Did you only used the Carlos example out of spite from the other thread? And it cant be compared anyway whereas the Larsson example is pretty similar i.e. a player on way out of the club but still plays.

Not trying to score points at all Gribz, and certainly no spite.

Do all replies have to be great now do they ?

WS will play McGregor tomorrow, no doubt about it - and rightly so in my opinion.

I don't care if Klos is on 100k a week - he hasnt played for 2 years, comes in and plays ONE game and all of a sudden he should be a starter ? McGregor has done little to warrant being dropped, so why drop him ? Simply so another player gets to earn his wages ?

Not for me - but again we agree to disagree.