Predictions for EURO 2016 Match Day 1

Turkey-Croatia was a low scoring game, with a almost 50/50 split between those that got the result wrong and correct. Trublusince1982 was the only one to get full points!

The Poland-N. Ireland game seemed to stump us, with the majority correctly predicting the result, but none correctly predicting the score -- Northern Ireland were perhaps more defensively sound than we expected.

The Germany-Ukraine game, in contrast, saw everyone bar one correctly predicting the German win, with 9 correctly predicting the correct score.

Latest table:

Edited by Rousseau

We've got a few decent games today.

Spain enter the action with a match against Czech Republic. While the Czech's may not have the star names of old, they have some decent players, like Cech, Darida, Rosicky, Necid etc. Not the highest scoring team, but they did well to win their qualifying group that included Netherlands, Iceland and Turkey -- the latter two have both qualified too. Spain are Spain; an abundance of quality, but perhaps not at the same level as a few years ago.

We have the entrance of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, as Ireland take on Sweden. Both are distinctly average sides, but Zlatan is most certainly the best player on show. There is never a dull moment with Zlatan.

Zlatan Facts:

[tweet]742024431179026433[/tweet]

[tweet]734392778147418112[/tweet]

[tweet]731877076429619202[/tweet]

[tweet]702975301232496640[/tweet]

[tweet]599614510819897345[/tweet]

And, finally, a tasty tie between Belgium and Italy. It looks to be quite an even contest. Belgium have an unreal squad of players, and Italy are always a solid threat -- although perhaps don't have the squad they once did.

Yes, Bearman, you were one of three that got full points this game, along with rbr and dB!

Latest table:

I think we all expect Spain to be better because of the perception around them, but in fact many teams know how to set up against them now. Czech's were quite solid -- as I suspect most teams will be against Spain -- with Spain only getting their goal 4 minutes before the end.

Bar the Croatians (and I haven't seen the England and Wales games), no team has really shown that much quality thus far. Today, the Irish are trying their best and look good for a win (much to my chagrin), while the babble about Ibrahimovic has overshadowed how mediocre the rest of the team seems to be. (I reckon, now that I have said this, the Swedes score 4 ... )

Edited by der Berliner