Clint Hill Signs For Rangers

CLINT HILL insists he fit, strong and ready to give his all for Rangers after he signed a one-year deal with the club this afternoon.

The 37-year-old centre-half, who can also play at left-back, has enjoyed a terrific senior career in football spanning 20 years and insists he still has so much to offer the Light Blues both on and off the pitch.

Hill’s vast experience will undoubtedly help Mark Warburton’s squad throughout what is sure to be a demanding year in the SPFL Premiership.

But it is on the pitch the defender will be judged, and the former QPR captain is determined to be a success having clinched a dream move to Ibrox.

Speaking to RangersTV he said: “It’s a big challenge, it’s a massive challenge, probably one of the biggest in my career.

“Obviously I know there might be a few doubts about the signing and I can understand that. At 37 years old people write people off quite easily.

“But I’ve managed to do that throughout my career, I’ve been to lot of clubs where people have doubted the signing and I’ve had to prove them wrong. Hopefully I can do that here.

“I don’t like talking, it’s all about actions for me and I try to lead by example every day, in training and on the pitch.

“I’m sure fans have made up their own mind already about me but hopefully, if I do get the chance to pull on the shirt and show them what I can do, they might change their mind.”

Hill will join his new Rangers team-mates at the club’s training ground tomorrow and he’s looking forward to getting the chance to work with Mark Warburton having heard great things about him.

He added: “I met Mark on Wednesday evening and I’ve watched from afar the good work he’s done here and at Brentford.

“He’s always come across as an intelligent man and a very honest man as well.

“So I walked out of that meeting feeling ten foot high – I knew where I stood with him, I know what he wants from me and what I wanted from him.

“I’m ready to go and, hopefully, justify the signing that he’s made.”

A Real Leader Of Men

JOEY BARTON believes his former QPR team-mate Clint Hill will prove to be a great signing for Rangers Football Club.

With Mark Warburton’s squad preparing for their return to the top flight of Scottish football, Barton feels Hill’s experience, unflinching commitment and leadership qualities will be invaluable for the Light Blues.

Barton joined the left-sided centre-half at QPR from Newcastle United in 2011 and the pair, who are both from Merseyside, became good friends before Barton made the switch to Burnley in August 2015.

In those four years at Loftus Road, Joey got to see Hill’s attributes on and off the pitch and he is confident the defender will be a big success at Rangers.

He said: “It’s a really smart acquisition by the club, given that Clint’s played in the Premier League in England and he’s had a number of years at the top end of the Championship.

“I’ve been in a dressing room with him so I know what he stands for as a player, a professional and as person.

“He’s someone you can absolutely hang your hat on on a daily basis.

“For Rangers, going back into the Scottish Premiership, the more influential characters we can add to what is already a very good group can only put the club in a great position.

“Hopefully Clint comes in and does what he does in terms of application and that will be a positive for Rangers.

He was a captain at QPR when I was there and he’s a real leader of men and it’s always good to have those about, especially when you’re going to embark on the challenge of trying to bring a 55th Scottish league title to Ibrox.

“There are going to be times when you need that experience, that knowledge and knowhow and Clint has that in abundance.

“It adds to what is already a fantastic group and a group of people that have already had success last season.

“You need a mixture. Last year Rangers had that with Kenny Miller and Lee Wallace and a few boys who know the club inside out and have a bit of experience.

“Going on to the challenge of next season it’s always good to have that in the building.

“You don’t want to have too much of one or the other, it’s about getting a nice balance, a nice mixture.

“It clearly seems like it’s something that the gaffer and the coaching staff have been aware of heading in to the recruitment this summer, so I think it puts us in great stead.”

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/real-leader-men/