Predictions for EURO 2016 Quarter-Finals

I know this is off topic as it isn't about Messi vs Ronaldo....

But there is absolutely ZERO doubt in my mind that Messi is a better player than Ronaldo. I also happen to think he is a better goalscorer too. But in general playing terms Messi looks to make the right decision for the TEAM (doesn't always work) whereas Ronaldo looks to put Ronaldo in the spotlight and cares little about the team.

Near the end of the Spanish season I was watching a Barca game and, IIRC, both Messi and Neymar were on hat tricks and they won a penalty through someone pulling Neymar down. Now, Messi (despite a few penalty misses) is the Barca penalty taker and Neymar went to hand him the ball.... Messi just shook his head and gestured "you won it, you hit it". Would Ronaldo have done that ? NOT A CHANCE.

And therein lies one of the big differences between the two. One is selfish and thinks about himself first and team second whilst the other is selfless and thinks about team first and himself second - he understands that you win things as a team, not as an individual (even individual awards require the team to have done something to see you win the award).

Absolutely zero doubt to me that when they both have hung up their boots Messi will be more fondly remembered than Ronaldo will.