Gazza getting worse

Just seen a few photos on Twitter of Gazza, wearing dressing gown getting out of a taxi with fag in mouth. Looks absolutely awful, he cannot have long left like this. Decided not to post pics, very very sad.

Gazza came from a heavy drinking environment and always had something of a problem with it ven while playing but playing did at least help keep it in check. Once that was gone this was always likely to happen to such a personality. What makes it all the worse is that it's becoming a far more undignified spectacle than anything we ever saw from Baxter or Best.

THERE were new fears for Paul Gascoigne last night after he accidentally exposed himself in the street.

The football icon — heading to buy booze in only a dressing gown — stumbled barefooted from his flat with a bent cigarette hanging from his lips.

Slurring his words, Gazza, 49, climbed into a taxi before returning with a bottle of gin, cigs and painkillers.

As he stepped out of the cab his gown fell open revealing he was naked underneath.

It was a sad final public indignity for Gazza.

All through history geniuses have been "flawed" sad to say that Gazza is falling into this category. Would like to think he could still be helped but all his so called "friends" outside football whom he heaped his wealth on have now deserted him like rats from a sinking ship,but at least we will have the memories of a football genius.

I'm afraid addiction bedevils all sections of society and does not discriminate in those it wishes to destroy. Once it has taken everything from you, it will then come back for you yourself.

It's very easy for people(the media) to criticise gazza, the weakest or sick are always easy to attack. It's also easy to say he has had chance after chance and so many trying to help. If it were that easy to stop, society would not have the problems it does with many forms of addiction.

I genuinely wish him well, and hope he gets back on the straight and narrow again. I'm sure he can do without photos of him by a downmarket rag when he is that unwell, that itself and the shame for one thing, will only feed his addiction.

I hope they are as quick to print photos of him when he is hopefully looking a lot better.

It's always terribly sad when people fall into the grip of addiction unfortunately the lengths most will go to sustain the addiction draws judgement more than support from society in general.

The people that work for various support groups and charities that try to help these poor souls do an incredibly difficult job and they will always have my admiration, having seen it at first hand the impossible job that they accomplish.Which makes it all the more heartbreaking when the sufferers fall again. I wish Gazza well and hope he has at least one friend trying to help him.