[FT] Rangers 2 (McKay 29; Waghorn 74) - 0 Annan Athletic

Are there any highlights released yet? I didn't get to see the game -- other than 15 minutes on Periscope!

I saw McKay score funnily enough, but I was more pleased to see both Gilks and Hill shouting out instructions on the pitch. From what I read, Barton was also quite vocal. For me, this is great to see, for we missed this last year.

To all intents and purposes Hill was the captain on the field. I do worry however about how deep he plays, his game is all about anticipation and he may be caught out for speed with a fast attacker running at him.

Gilks could be heard in the stand!

As I said before Wallace is a very good player but is not a captain in my view as he does not appear to react to situations on the field in way of cajoling or organising.

He is the obvious choice for club captain but like McCulloch is not in any way a captain on the field of play.

We don't play with a right sided midfielder though.

We play with a central 3!

Ahem, that is a central midfield with one in the middle, one to the left, and one two the right. Thus, there is a right-sided midfielder in there. Not exactly sure what the debate here is, since Tav plays as a right midfielder / right WINGback more often than not anyway. That it isn't written in his job description does not change this.

Are there any highlights released yet? I didn't get to see the game -- other than 15 minutes on Periscope!

I saw McKay score funnily enough, but I was more pleased to see both Gilks and Hill shouting out instructions on the pitch. From what I read, Barton was also quite vocal. For me, this is great to see, for we missed this last year.

Did you check out post 65 and the Russian Rangers post

Ahem, that is a central midfield with one in the middle, one to the left, and one two the right. Thus, there is a right-sided midfielder in there. Not exactly sure what the debate here is, since Tav plays as a right midfielder / right WINGback more often than not anyway. That it isn't written in his job description does not change this.

The debate here - is that you and a few others have said that we should/could play Tav in midfield as he is poor defensively.

Due to the formation we play this is not feasible - my argument is - Tav is an attacking fullback not a midfielder and with introduction of a defensive midfielder (Barton) he should be able to continue in his attacking role in his current position.

The debate here - is that you and a few others have said that we should/could play Tav in midfield as he is poor defensively.

Due to the formation we play this is not feasible - my argument is - Tav is an attacking fullback not a midfielder and with introduction of a defensive midfielder (Barton) he should be able to continue in his attacking role in his current position.

Does one exclude the other? I would not promote the idea to send Tav into midfield because we have Hodson now, but that we "could" in case of need. Not least since Tav is used to play there anyway. Having this option now could add some steel in right midfield, should we play against a team witha a strong left midfield.

Just to clear this up a little more, IMHO Tav is better attacking than defending, not "poor" at defending.

Does one exclude the other? I would not promote the idea to send Tav into midfield because we have Hodson now, but that we "could" in case of need. Not least since Tav is used to play there anyway. Having this option now could add some steel in right midfield, should we play against a team witha a strong left midfield.

Just to clear this up a little more, IMHO Tav is better attacking than defending, not "poor" at defending.

We don't play with right midfielder! (yes we play with a right sided centre mid - but we do not play with a traditional right midfielder)

We don't play with right midfielder! (yes we play with a right sided centre mid - but we do not play with a traditional right midfielder)

Sorry, but that's just splitting hairs over terminology. Let's agree that we disagree upon that then?