It isn't the fact that he hasn't scored against Craptic nor enough in Europe, it is his alround performances. He just doesn't look like scoring in those games and doesn't do enough for the team.

He can not hold the ball up. He is as slow as me. He can't control the ball. He can't bring in players around him. He is cumbersome. He is lazy. He doesn't win enough in the air. He is easily nulified.

Cammy F

Of the faults you have listed there the only one's that don't apply to Sebo are lazy and slow.

Sebo is quick and tries hard. But... he cannot hold the ball up, can't control teh ball, is worse than Boyd in the air and as such, in an attacking sense is more easily nulified. Yet some would argue he was MoM at the weekend. :eek:

Boyd definitely has his faults, but is still one of the best options available to us.

Also in another post you ask if a manager should change his formation to accomodate Boyd when people suggest he performs better with a partner? This same 4-5-1 formation which noone is happy with and want WS to change. Damn staright he should change it.

The thing is this, Kris Boyd is playing in what is generally to be accepted to be a poor Rangers side, hasn't been getting decent service, fell out with the previous manager but yet is STILL the top scorer in the SPL. The previous season he was top scorer for not one but two SPL teams. Get off the guys back people.

Kris is an instinctive goal scorer. He knows where the goal posts are, knows they don't move and more often than not hits the target with his efforts. Remember the effort against Dunfermline in one of the cups when he turned, swivelled and shot from about 35 yards?? He is not a target man and has never professed to be, thats what Dado Prso offers us when he is fit.

As for Sebo, apart from one season in Slovakia for Artmedia Bratislava he's never scored in double figures in a season. Considering he spent 2-3 seasons in Austria, not a particularly strong league, this is a worrying statistic. Fair enough he trys, and as fans we applaud effort, but at the end of the day as a striker your expected to score goals and in this regard I have my doubts about Sebo.

The real problem is is that we are missing the one player that could really make Walter Smiths persistence on 4-4-1-1 work and help out Boyd, a player Walter was willing to let go in January, a player called Thomas Buffel. This would be his ideal position, and the position in which he made his name at Feyenoord but he's out for rest of season and likely off in the summer so we'll probably never know now.

Malky

Neither Boyd NOR Sebo are Rangers class - I've never advocated Sebo ahead of Boyd.

As for WS tactics, thats why he is a successful and sought after manager and thats why we are debating his merits on a fans forum:yawn:

Cammy F

As for WS tactics, thats why he is a successful and sought after manager and thats why we are debating his merits on a fans forum:yawn:

shockingly poor argument cammy. i'm suprised. we're all here to debate every aspect of rangers - david murray is a succesful and sought after chairman, should we stop criticisng him? or does success make you immune from criticism? wait - plg, that european class manager, i could have sworn i heard you complaining about our defense... :admin:

shockingly poor argument cammy. i'm suprised. we're all here to debate every aspect of rangers - david murray is a succesful and sought after chairman, should we stop criticisng him? or does success make you immune from criticism? wait - plg, that european class manager, i could have sworn i heard you complaining about our defense... :admin:

Off course not, but I don't know any manager who would change his thinking on tactics to accomidate a lazy player who does not have the basic footballing abilities.

The only manager who I can remember changing his formation around a player was Keegan at Newcastle when they were romping the EPL. He lived to regret that...

Cammy F