Buy a replacement. We need someone who does it in big games (OF and european) and Boyd doesn't even do it in small games against the likes of Falkirk and St Mirren. With him we haven't got much hope.

I understand your point, but also think it's a bit strong as the guy is always at the top of the goalscoring charts

Buy a replacement. We need someone who does it in big games (OF and european) and Boyd doesn't even do it in small games against the likes of Falkirk and St Mirren. With him we haven't got much hope.

I know mate, im sure we will be able to pick up a striker like that for a couple of hundred thousand in the summer, we are playing in the SPL afterall, how could any player refuse to come to us?

I know mate, im sure we will be able to pick up a striker like that for a couple of hundred thousand in the summer, we are playing in the SPL afterall, how could any player refuse to come to us?

Don't you just love sarcasm?

Look at Larsson. Celtic paid about 500k for him and look how he turned out. If you do your research and setup your scouting network correctly you can find hidden gems.

OK, but because we're in the SPL and can't afford big fees, that's a large percentage of the possible replacements ruled out straightaway.

No point buying a young player to replace him as Boyd is only 22/23 so he should improve and we shouldn't be expecting him to be the final article anyway.

That leaves the option of unearthing someone from the foreign leagues or going the shorter term option of getting a prove goalscorer who is maybe entering his last couple of years in the game.

I'm not denying Boyd has major flaws, but given what he does contribute, I can't understand how we can replace him, just like that. Players who can score as many goals as he does aren't going to be available for long and we're not going to be the only interested club.

Also, we're all aware that he's playing in a poor Gers side and hasn't had the benefit of a settled formation or even a settled striking partner. Why not wait and get those things sorted first before punting the lad on?

OK, but because we're in the SPL and can't afford big fees, that's a large percentage of the possible replacements ruled out straightaway.

No point buying a young player to replace him as Boyd is only 22/23 so he should improve and we shouldn't be expecting him to be the final article anyway.

That leaves the option of unearthing someone from the foreign leagues or going the shorter term option of getting a prove goalscorer who is maybe entering his last couple of years in the game.

I'm not denying Boyd has major flaws, but given what he does contribute, I can't understand how we can replace him, just like that. Players who can score as many goals as he does aren't going to be available for long and we're not going to be the only interested club.

Also, we're all aware that he's playing in a poor Gers side and hasn't had the benefit of a settled formation or even a settled striking partner. Why not wait and get those things sorted first before punting the lad on?

None of that excuses the fact that he is lazy, can't trap a bag of cement, can't get involved in link up play, can't hold the ball up.....

Cammy F

None of that excuses the fact that he is lazy, can't trap a bag of cement, can't get involved in link up play, can't hold the ball up.....

Cammy F

And for a modern day footballer that's inexcuseable. They are the basics of football and he can't do any of what Cammy mentioned.

Thats 2 players in how long?

In the case of Larsson he started poorly for septic, the way Rangers fans are dismissing players just now, he wouldnt have even been given a chance.

another thing, who detrermines what games are "big games" and what goals are "important goals" ?

We have taken as many points off Septic as they have taken off us this season so it is our games against the "smaller teams" that have left us trailing them by 16 points, so surely every game is an "important game" when you are a Rangers player.

But what me and Cammy are saying is that if you look hard enough you'll find players who we can sign for a small fee who will score for us and generally bring more to the team than Boyd does.