Id go 4-4-2 aswell but id need to think about who id play. Id probably keep Novo right wing after last nights game and bring Prso in upfront to play with Sebo.

I agree with 4-4-2

Not only because I think we should be cautiously positive but the alternative is probably Gavin Rae in a 4-5-1.

With all due respect, Rae isn�´t really match-fit, neither mobile...so the game against good solid, strong and techically good spanish midfielders will pass him by.

To play Hemdani, Thomson and Rae in the middle will be like playing with 10. They will boss the midfield and supply to a lone striker will be poor quality.

I think it�´d almost be better playing Dean Furman but WS would never do this and I�´m afraid I can see Rae starting.

I agree with 4-4-2

Not only because I think we should be cautiously positive but the alternative is probably Gavin Rae in a 4-5-1.

With all due respect, Rae isn�´t really match-fit, neither mobile...so the game against good solid, strong and techically good spanish midfielders will pass him by.

To play Hemdani, Thomson and Rae in the middle will be like playing with 10. They will boss the midfield and supply to a lone striker will be poor quality.

I think it�´d almost be better playing Dean Furman but WS would never do this and I�´m afraid I can see Rae starting.

Agreed, I was going to mention Rae will probably come in. No disrespect to the guy but he would be my last resort.

If we do go with the 4-5-1 id prefer to see Burke coming in playing in the attacking role with Novo staying right. Burke wont get in Hemdani and Thomson's way as he is more attack minded and will stay further forward.

Agreed, I was going to mention Rae will probably come in. No disrespect to the guy but he would be my last resort.

If we do go with the 4-5-1 id prefer to see Burke coming in playing in the attacking role with Novo staying right. Burke wont get in Hemdani and Thomson's way as he is more attack minded and will stay further forward.

Thats a good shout mate, if he is determined to stick to 4-5-1 then Burke is a much better option than Rae, i would really like to see 4-4-2 with Boyd and Sebo up front, we need to score and i think the hard work of Sebo will allow Boyd to do what he does best.

Burke�´s a good shout when the alternative is Rae. It also means more creativity and a possible link between midfield and forward.

For all his faults Eck would have played him, he tended to be agressive in looking for an away goal when needed, eg. Feyenoord & Villareal.

Walter is another matter, he�´ll have to change his spots if he is to go with Burke !

Fully expect to see Rae�´s name in the teamsheet on wednesday.

Please surprise me Walter.

Mind you I wouldn�´t have played Ugo yesterday !

He could use Prso as the link man with Sebo & Boyd up front, sounds daft but we do need to score and Dado has the experience to pull it off

We could but walter won�´t.

At least not at the beginning.

I think WS will stick with the formation he played at San Giro with Rae replacing Fergie.

Not the team or formation that I'd play, but I would expect WS to try and get a performance / result akin to the one at San Giro.

Cammy F

I think WS will stick with the formation he played at San Giro with Rae replacing Fergie.

Not the team or formation that I'd play, but I would expect WS to try and get a performance / result akin to the one at San Giro.

Cammy F

Im afraid your right, this would be a mistake IMO we only managed to score Yesterday thanks to a wonder goal, we NEED to score on Wednesday.

I´m afraid the game will pass Rae by, the spaniards will be fitter, sharper, technically superior and on top of him when the ball gets to his feet.

Please don´t do it Walter,...you got away with it to a certain extent on sunday but Osasuna are better than selick...and we need a goal

It'll be interesting to see how the midfield shapes up without Fergie as its been an incredible defensive setup for much of this season. Sebo deserves a start, but if he throws himself in to challenges like he did yesterday, there's no way he'll last the 90.

In an ideal world I'd go 4-4-2 with Prso and Sebo/Boyd up front. Centre midfield of Thomson holding with Hemdani pushing on. Burke wide right and Adam left.

I don't see the point of putting Rae in as he's just not played enough games and will be off the pace.

Its at times like these you start to realise just how thin our squad it.