Burnley forum: 'Rangers unbeaten in four - can we end the run?'

Burnley aren't the most glamorous of opposition to spark a sell out, but probably of pretty much the right standard to give us a very good test considering where we and Scottish football now find ourselves financially. I would like to think that we are at least competitive with the best the English Championship can offer, even with our paradoxically lower income.

The Lancashire side have about 100m to spend but don't seem to have splashed out much yet - and I suppose as a newly promoted side, will use some of the income to pay off debts and some capital expenditure on the stadium etc - and maybe keep some for the future in case of relegation.

And if we're counting friendlies, it's already five out of five...

Last year's pre-season friendly against Burnley was a decent affair, and I detest pre-season friendlies. We played well for thirty minutes, then succumbed to what became the winning goal. We were given an idea as to how Warburton likes his side to play, by both teams. Burnley was like watching the lads in the big boys' playground. It was faster, slicker with more pace and width. It will be interesting to see if we have attained their level. Remember, we are a couple of weeks in advance reference fitness, and after four competitive matches we should be ahead in touch and sharpness.

I hope Burnley field Leighton James on Saturday, missed booing him last year.

Last year's pre-season friendly against Burnley was a decent affair, and I detest pre-season friendlies. We played well for thirty minutes, then succumbed to what became the winning goal. We were given an idea as to how Warburton likes his side to play, by both teams. Burnley was like watching the lads in the big boys' playground. It was faster, slicker with more pace and width. It will be interesting to see if we have attained their level. Remember, we are a couple of weeks in advance reference fitness, and after four competitive matches we should be ahead in touch and sharpness.

I hope Burnley field Leighton James on Saturday, missed booing him last year.

Agreed. It was a good game to watch and although we were defeated, we seen enough to be optimistic.

Sure it's just another friendly but a good win tomorrow would signal progress.