When actions speak louder than words

I get the feeling something has been going on in the background we don't know of because it's just too coincidental that both clubs took similar action on the same day. Plus the action from Rangers may have been a move to preempt the yahoos from screaming that we were doing nothing while good old hibs were taking action on their offenders.

Here is the reality and i'm fervently hoping the cops have made something clear about this to both clubs regarding future actions. This is taken directly from the football offences act 1991.

It is an offence for a person at a designated football match to go onto the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove).

Which means an estimated minimum 5,000 hibs fans were committing an offence the moment they stepped on to the track far less the pitch because i'm pretty sure that "exuberance" doesn't qualify as 'lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove)'

And here is a further snippet from that very same act under 'supplementary provisions'

A person guilty of an offence under this Act is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.

Thus every single one of that 5,000 whether all they did was nothing more than stepping on to the track or field area is clearly guilty of willfully breaking the law and are thus liable to be convicted and fined. Same for ours presumably unless they could provide ' lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove)" which if it happened in any individual case that a person could provide lawful excuse and was cleared you would hope the club would review their ban.

I can envisage a scenario where some of ours might actually have a valid reason for being on the pitch given the assaults and aggressive behaviour from their fans of which there is ample evidence all over the net but as for theirs there can be no excuse. Exuberance is most definitely NOT "lawful authority or lawful excuse"

Edited by JFK-1