When actions speak louder than words

If someone runs onto the park on Saturday, surely the club can decide to ban them irrespective of whether the police decide to take action or not?

Of course they can ban them. That is not what I am arguing about. Rangers can refuse anyone entry in to Ibrox. A security member could even stop Dave King from getting in if he thought he was not adhering to the rules of the club. An example would be being so drunk that 2 people had to hold the third person upright as in some pictures of ex- board members. A security person would be well within his right to refuse entry even to him.

Nail on head, chilled bear. They are assuming that, on the word of plod Scotland's alleged evidence that these guys were on the pitch and guilty.

Show me the evidence. That's how this works IIRC?? Before any punishment is forthcoming.

I understand Pete's point re suspension etc and I agree if it were in a place of work and it was deemed gross misconduct etc.

These guys have allegedly according to plod committed a criminal offence, it is not their job to prove their innocence it is plods(I appreciate they are very good at it) job to show their guilt by providing evidence that supports the charge.

No action of any sort should be taken in this until guilt or innocence is established.

As has been stated, a lawyer would be all over this.

Private debate can be better but sometimes applying pressure to the club can be achieved better publicly - especially when you're a new group attempting to display independence from the board.

The statement states the facts which is fine but it lacks empathy and certainly doesn't seem to represent the fact many fans are angry at the club's stance - past or present.

I agree Frankie, club 1872 statement is rather bland without much passion for the supporters view. After all they represent the support not the board.

If someone runs on the park v Hamilton, they will be apprehended at the time. This is fans being arrested by pics, which could easily lead to mistaken identity.

Good point CB, what if the fan was on the pitch to get away from being attacked, or in fear for his health and safety, missiles, flares or whatever. Rhis is were mitagation comes in, a fan going on the pitch for other reasons other than just looking for notoriety.

If someone runs on the park v Hamilton, they will be apprehended at the time. This is fans being arrested by pics, which could easily lead to mistaken identity.

A reasonable point, and if it was found that there was mistaken identity then I'd fully expect the club to reverse their decision.

However it could be that the person was on the park but didn't cause any trouble and the police decide not to press charges but the club decide that being on the park is enough for a ban. It wouldn't necessarily be that a person was found guilty for the club to want to ban them. The two don't have to go together.

I can understand the club's approach on it and it's not totally unreasonable although not ideal.

Good point CB, what if the fan was on the pitch to get away from being attacked, or in fear for his health and safety, missiles, flares or whatever. Rhis is were mitagation comes in, a fan going on the pitch for other reasons other than just looking for notoriety.

Fair enough, but I doubt that was the case at the cup final.

If someone runs onto the park on Saturday, surely the club can decide to ban them irrespective of whether the police decide to take action or not?

If someone runs onto the park LAST season ,we will sell them a season ticket for THIS season,ban them and keep their money.

If ANY fan thinks this is fair-----please tell us why?

A reasonable point, and if it was found that there was mistaken identity then I'd fully expect the club to reverse their decision.

However it could be that the person was on the park but didn't cause any trouble and the police decide not to press charges but the club decide that being on the park is enough for a ban. It wouldn't necessarily be that a person was found guilty for the club to want to ban them. The two don't have to go together.

I can understand the club's approach on it and it's not totally unreasonable although not ideal.

Unfortunately it becomes more understandable in light of what has happened since the SCF.

- Scottish Justice Minister calls on strict liability to be adopted by clubs or else other action may be forced upon him

- SPFL refuses to do so

- However SPFL vote through a resolution that puts more onus on clubs to tighten regulations on unacceptable conduct