League Cup: Rangers v Queen of the South (Tue 20/9/16 - Live on BT Sport)

after the tims came out, I was sure it would be us

Funny I felt that too. Felt they were lucky enough to get the home tie but as it turned out they were even luckier than that. The weakest side left in it.

Aberdeen scraped through against an Ayr side just newly promoted from league 1 and who lost their most recent home match 2-0 to Raith Rovers. Ayr had 9 shots to 14 for Aberdeen while Ayr had 4 on target to 3 for Aberdeen. I'm not impressed by what "Broonie" deems the nearest challengers.

And I guarantee you will see no one mentioning that Aberdeen just scraped through but when Rangers breeze through with 5 goals going on 10 it's all about "lower league opposition"

It was good to get the home tie against QOS considering the options that were left.

This cup competition hasn't came to life even after a revamp???

The Semis will change all that though.

I have actually enjoyed the league cup. It is better than all those friendlies against amateur teams in Germany.

I have actually enjoyed the league cup. It is better than all those friendlies against amateur teams in Germany.

Gah, you simply don't want us beaten by those low key teams! :D (most of whom came from BL 3 and the 4th tier just below ... and are at least semi-pros)

The general problem of the group is that they a) start so early, b) the opponents are pre-selected and c) the gaffer can't elect opponents he deems more appropriate for the stage of pre-season and tasks ahead.

The one pro of the current format is the fact that you can collect your first trophy in November.