Rangers defender Andy Webster returned to light training on Monday as his rehabilitation continued following a successful knee operation.

He started jogging and hopes to be back in action for the Ibrox club in April.

The 24-year-old made a nightmare start to his loan spell after joining Rangers from Wigan Athletic until the end of the season.

Webster sustained the medial ligament injury at training and has been out of action for two months.

I wonder if it's too late for him this season?, and will he be here next season?, regardless i hope he fully recovers.

About fookin' time too. With the exception of today, the fans have had no update on his situation. I was beginning to think he wouldn't play for us this season.

Will WS make him a permanent signing in the summer?

Good news at last and I always forget how young he is.

BTW, who actually signed Webster? Was it a DM signing a la Hendry, did Smith identify him while still being Scotland manager, or was he one of the guys identified by the scouting network who was on the list of Scottish talent which PLG allegedly binned?

BTW, who actually signed Webster? Was it a DM signing a la Hendry, did Smith identify him while still being Scotland manager, or was he one of the guys identified by the scouting network who was on the list of Scottish talent which PLG allegedly binned?

Was it not rumoured the AMc was after him but he ended up going to Wigan as Hearts refused to let us sign him, rumoured that he will go to Ibrox in the end ?

With the way he left Hearts he couldn't go to a Scottish club so he went to Wigan who we obviously have a few link with, Murray, Whelan, JJB.

I think his signing is similar to an alleged story I heard about Gough, whereby we have persuaded Wigan to sign him and then initially loan him back to us, before we sign him permanently. Keeps UEFA happy and we get our man.

Just conjecture on my part though.

one things for sure, it wasnt leguen!