Arrests made over alleged sectarian singing at Kilmarnock v Rangers game

Didn't know he had apologised for the "singing of derry's walls" DB. The singing of DW is permitted and not a crime. It's deemed as part of cultural heritage. Therefore if you did hear anyone apologise for it on air, a complaint or complaints should be made.

Again, attempts to falsely accuse Rangers fans by the msn!

That is actually the point. He did not apologize for Derry's Walls, but the garbage that came from the Killie ranks about him. I wasn't there, but were TBB sung at Rugby Park or did we hear the Killie version?

That is actually the point. He did not apologize for Derry's Walls, but the garbage that came from the Killie ranks about him. I wasn't there, but were TBB sung at Rugby Park or did we hear the Killie version?

Looking on if I was a neutral then on the telly it certainly sounded like our version. Given also that we had just scored it seems likelier to have been our version but that is not certain as it could have been a rallying call from the Killie support.:whistle:

Looking on if I was a neutral then on the telly it certainly sounded like our version. Given also that we had just scored it seems likelier to have been our version but that is not certain as it could have been a rallying call from the Killie support.:whistle:

As I said, I wasn't there, but Killie and Billie sung in joy or defiance can hardly be discerned, not least by those unwillinging. Methinks we more often than not sing Derry's Walls after scoring? Anyway, the problem should be addressed.

As I said, I wasn't there, but Killie and Billie sung in joy or defiance can hardly be discerned, not least by those unwillinging. Methinks we more often than not sing Derry's Walls after scoring? Anyway, the problem should be addressed.

I have a vision of an Ostrich sticking it's head in the sand. Fenian and Ayr utd don't sound that similar.

I have a vision of an Ostrich sticking it's head in the sand. Fenian and Ayr utd don't sound that similar.

Yes, I had a similar vision. I heard the Killie version quite a few times. It was at a certain volume. Later there was a version at a much louder volume. A volume only approached by the Bears in other songs around the same passage of play. I was not there and I am not saying that this is conclusive but I will say that it did not seem at all difficult to tell which support was singing at any given time when I was watching it on TV. Perhaps it was more difficult than I assumed, however.

Edited by SteveC

I wasn't partaking in any alleged singing of TBB as I know if it gets sung there are some who use words in "the banned list"( FFS, is it Glasgow or North Korea??) so couldn't really comment on what was or wasn't heard on TV?

The Killie fans were singing their version though.

Edited by cooponthewing

As I said, the problem needs to be addressed, be it TBB or Fenians or what have you. I didn't put much importance on the various songs sung and only noted the Derek Rae incident.

We do fnd us in the same old mess again, with even half a handful of malcontents (if it was more, even worse, but those few would be enough) being enough to feed half a handful of ill-wishers the amo required to throw dirt and official sanctions at us. The problem probably can't be solved in Scotland, so perhaps a few of those going ballistic on the boards, not least those who feel an urgent need to sing TBB et al, simply writing an honest and polite letter to UEFA and try to discuss their point of view ... rather than essentially babbling along on the boards.

Edited by der Berliner

As I said, the problem needs to be addressed, be it TBB or Fenians or what have you. I didn't put much importance on the various songs sung and only noted the Derek Rae incident.

We do fnd us in the same old mess again, with even half a handful of malcontents (if it was more, even worse, but those few would be enough) being enough to feed half a handful of ill-wishers the amo required to throw dirt and official sanctions at us. The problem probably can't be solved in Scotland, so perhaps a few of those going ballistic on the boards, not least those who feel an urgent need to sing TBB et al, simply writing an honest and polite letter to UEFA and try to discuss their point of view ... rather than essentially babbling along on the boards.

I was thinking something similar DB. If they come after us re this, then if we were to highlight this to the governing body at UEFA that our fans and a section of our society were being abused in a sectarian manner, which is arguably being condoned by those in footballing and political power, I suspect they would be obligated to look at both sides of the situation.

Explain that we don't condone our fans behaviour, however in the face of growing social marginalisation this has been brought about by frustration at what seems like collision from those in power to further attack our fans, club and parts of our culture. If they are unable to interfere then at least there will have been a light shone on what is going on here in a broader sense.

There may be some who then wish to act on that.

Edited by cooponthewing

It is obviously interesting to see how the SFA et al are hiding behind UEFA when it comes to "sectarian singing" (which UEFA - to my knowledge - never termed as such), but kindly ignore other guidelines and rulings as well as do nothing to carry the below out ...

The UEFA rule in question forbids the use of "gestures, words, objects or any other means to transmit any message that is not fit for a sports event, particularly messages that are of a political, ideological, religious, offensive or provocative nature".

The Scumhut is awash with that on a weekly basis.