Rangers and Hibs issued with Notices of Complaint

I think one thing is certain as the SFA and FA are both family of UEFA they would certainly have to sanction us playing for the FA. I agree that if we went to play for a pirate association then the SFA could do nothing about it but I think Boabie is right when we are going to play for another UEFA run Association that the SFA would need to sanction it.

While I agree with you and Boabie that there might be such a sanction required try as I might I can find absolutely nothing to support that in any way. Everything I could find that had any relevance to this indicates that any association can invite any club they wish into their league providing that team isn't already a member of another association which we would not be if we resign.

UEFA represents the national football associations of Europe, runs nation and club competitions including the UEFA European Championship, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, and UEFA Super Cup, and controls the prize money, regulations, and media rights to those competitions

All that says is they they control their own competitions with no mention whatsoever of having any say over who plays where. Imagine a new club based in Southern Scotland were formed who were at their formation a member of no associations and they decided they wanted to play in a Northern English league after being invited to do so.

I can see absolutely no place for the SFA or UEFA in that and if we resign from SFA auspices we are no different.

While I agree with you and Boabie that there might be such a sanction required try as I might I can find absolutely nothing to support that in any way. Everything I could find that had any relevance to this indicates that any association can invite any club they wish into their league providing that team isn't already a member of another association which we would not be if we resign.

All that says is they they control their own competitions with no mention whatsoever of having any say over who plays where. Imagine a new club based in Southern Scotland were formed who were at their formation a member of no associations and they decided they wanted to play in a Northern English league after being invited to do so.

I can see absolutely no place for the SFA or UEFA in that and if we resign from SFA auspices we are no different.

You are signing in for another UEFA run association. UEFA have always been against cross-border competitions so no way they would allow Rangers to cross the border when Scotland has it's own UEFA run association as things stand. I agree it may be possible for geographical special cases as in Berwick Rangers but Rangers do not fall into that category. UEFA are softening up on cross-border competitions and have recently allowed the Dutch and Belgian Ladies to form a cross-border league but that is an organised competition and not a rogue club breaking away.

Agreed but that is an organised league and not a rogue breakaway club.

Is the proposed English league reformation a 'rogue league'? And what would it matter even if they were?

UEFA competitions mean nothing to them. If we were to go there and the earliest possible time span would be starting in 2019 then it would take a minimum 4 more years to reach the EPL making it 7 years before UEFA competitions would ever be a factor for us and in that time I suspect many views of cross border football will have radically changed.

There are such proposals taking place all across the continent even more so since the clear intention of a clique to make the Champions league a private club. UEFA is going to have to fall in line and accommodate what the clubs want. Their views are becoming more archaic and out of step with each passing year.

Is the proposed English league reformation a 'rogue league'? And what would it matter even if they were?

UEFA competitions mean nothing to them. If we were to go there and the earliest possible time span would be starting in 2019 then it would take a minimum 4 more years to reach the EPL making it 7 years before UEFA competitions would ever be a factor for us and in that time I suspect many views of cross border football will have radically changed.

There are such proposals taking place all across the continent even more so since the clear intention of a clique to make the Champions league a private club. UEFA is going to have to fall in line and accommodate what the clubs want. Their views are becoming more archaic and out of step with each passing year.

Now you are moving the goalposts mate. The English Association falls under UEFA and not just the EPL. I am not trying to annoy you I just think UEFA and therefore the SFA will have a say in what happens. If push comes to shove then I think if we are invited and UEFA give their blessing that the SFA will allow us to go.

Now you are moving the goalposts mate. The English Association falls under UEFA and not just the EPL. I am not trying to annoy you I just think UEFA and therefore the SFA will have a say in what happens. If push comes to shove then I think if we are invited and UEFA give their blessing that the SFA will allow us to go.

Believe me i'm not trying to annoy you either and am somewhat surprised that you felt as if you may be annoying me by simply offering an alternative view but thanks for that consideration.

Well again I simply don't believe the SFA have any power over football aside from members of their association which if we resigned we would not be. You're suggesting you know something that no one in the football league in England appears to know about for one thing. They're talking about inviting Rangers into their system when they have no idea that's impossible for some reason?

Others are talking of a North Atlantic league including Rangers when they have no idea the SFA is a dictatorship that decides who can kick a ball anywhere in Scotland? That's illogical.

And again if you have anything that can suggest you're right aside from you just saying these things I'm open to having my mind changed. But as it stands I would still absolutely believe that the SFA are absolutely nothing outside members of their association which we would not be if we resign.

Mate, UEFA have control of football played in what is now called "Europe". The various county/associations are bound by their rules. Should any association within their remit break their rules there is the option to refer that football governing body to FIFA who have the power to ban that national association from world football.

In short, via the rules of football played anywhere on this planet which affect us - the SFA via UEFA are empowered to decide who plays a game of football in Scotland.

UEFA have a rule which states that any club within an association deciding that they take a dispute to a civil court is subject to banning from UEFA competitions . Not to mention that the national association is responsible for the actions of their member club.

If Rangers decided that they were moving to England, even with the permission of the league down there, the English league would be in trouble for admitting a club who were a member of another countrys football league . That is without the SFA saying a word.

Civil action via the courts lead to bannings via both domestic and UEFA legislations.

Mate, I don't want to fall out with anybody here. It would be good to see some of the ideas and fantasies realised. Please believe me - this conversation has been going on for years and years. The SFA via UEFA have total control on what happens to us. Civil action is out . Company law means nothing - there is np point is owning a company if you have nobody to trade with.

Mate, UEFA have control of football played in what is now called "Europe". The various county/associations are bound by their rules. Should any association within their remit break their rules there is the option to refer that football governing body to FIFA who have the power to ban that national association from world football.

In short, via the rules of football played anywhere on this planet which affect us - the SFA via UEFA are empowered to decide who plays a game of football in Scotland.

UEFA have a rule which states that any club within an association deciding that they take a dispute to a civil court is subject to banning from UEFA competitions . Not to mention that the national association is responsible for the actions of their member club.

If Rangers decided that they were moving to England, even with the permission of the league down there, the English league would be in trouble for admitting a club who were a member of another countrys football league . That is without the SFA saying a word.

Civil action via the courts lead to bannings via both domestic and UEFA legislations.

Mate, I don't want to fall out with anybody here. It would be good to see some of the ideas and fantasies realised. Please believe me - this conversation has been going on for years and years. The SFA via UEFA have total control on what happens to us. Civil action is out . Company law means nothing - there is np point is owning a company if you have nobody to trade with.

You are totally correct Boabie but I think you are wrong not to accept that rules are slowly changing and that down the line the chance exists that it will be accepted. Don't forget that Celtic are the team who have been stating they want to go to an English league(Hypocritical for British haters. Money talks) and who is the biggest voice in the SFA. I personally think world football is changing and there will be different league set-ups in the future.