Rangers and Hibs issued with Notices of Complaint

You are totally correct Boabie but I think you are wrong not to accept that rules are slowly changing and that down the line the chance exists that it will be accepted. Don't forget that Celtic are the team who have been stating they want to go to an English league(Hypocritical for British haters. Money talks) and who is the biggest voice in the SFA. I personally think world football is changing and there will be different league set-ups in the future.

Pete, want to give me odds that in the event both Rangers and Celtic were invited by the EFA, the "SFA" would grant permission for them but not us?

Pete, want to give me odds that in the event both Rangers and Celtic were invited by the EFA, the "SFA" would grant permission for them but not us?

I am not a gambler but if we both got an invite and everything was on an even foot then I doubt they could differentiate between the teams. I will agree though they do have a brass neck and anything is possible. You can see with the Hibs and Motherwell Saga's they can bend anything to get the result they want. The English would also have a role to play of course.

You are totally correct Boabie but I think you are wrong not to accept that rules are slowly changing and that down the line the chance exists that it will be accepted. Don't forget that Celtic are the team who have been stating they want to go to an English league(Hypocritical for British haters. Money talks) and who is the biggest voice in the SFA. I personally think world football is changing and there will be different league set-ups in the future.

Anything can happen in the future Pete. I'm only stating the situation as it is right now.

IF UEFA change their rules.

IF the SFA change theirs.

IF the English leagues change theirs.

At present, if we gave the SFA the required 2 years notice of our intention to quit, the English leagues would be in breach of UEFA regs if they agreed we could join their league before that 2 years is up. In other words, we would be leaving/ have left football in Scotland before we were even allowed to officially discuss entry to an English league.

It took about 5 mins to wreck a century old organization, i.e. the SFL, when some members pushed through change for "the best of the game", i.e. lining their pockets with SPL money (that was not actually there).

It may take an hour or the like, but if plans are being pepared and certain people wave a certain amount of money in front of the Scottish league and club bosses to agree to the Old Firm leaving the country's national league to join up in a British one, I have no doubts they will publicly gnash their teeth and cry foul, and in private claw at one another who can sign the agreement first.

Edited by der Berliner

Anything can happen in the future Pete. I'm only stating the situation as it is right now.

IF UEFA change their rules.

IF the SFA change theirs.

IF the English leagues change theirs.

At present, if we gave the SFA the required 2 years notice of our intention to quit, the English leagues would be in breach of UEFA regs if they agreed we could join their league before that 2 years is up. In other words, we would be leaving/ have left football in Scotland before we were even allowed to officially discuss entry to an English league.

The Tims will circumvent the two year rule, when or if the time comes when invites to a new league are out.

'What a cop out!': Derek Johnstone slaughters SFA over Scottish Cup final charge-sheet

Former Ibrox star Derek Johnstone has blasted the SFA for the charges brought against Rangers for their part in the disturbances after last season’s Scottish Cup Final.

Johnstone was astonished when no charges were brought against Hibernian for the alleged attacks by their fans on Rangers players as the poured onto the pitch following their victory.

He believes that the governing body have shirked their responsibility to deal with the aftermath of the national game’s showpiece event, and have hidden behind their rule-book.

“What an absolute cop-out those charges were by the SFA,” Johnstone said. “Everyone could see what happened, and the response from the SFA is an absolute disgrace.

“The sad fact is that if the game finished and the Hibs fans hadn’t come onto the park, there would have been no trouble at all and everything would have been fine.

“The Rangers fans would have been gutted of course, but they would have gone home.

“There might have been a few scuffles on the way home or whatever, but nothing would have happened inside the stadium and everything would have been fine.

“But thousands of Hibs fans decided to come onto the pitch, break the goalposts and everything else.

“But the worst thing, as Rangers pointed out, was that they attacked the players. That is the worst thing that can ever happen in football.

“Yes, we don’t like people coming onto the park, but when they are actually attacking players, where does that leave our game?

“As Rangers have said in their statement, which was a fair statement for me, it a cop-out to say there is nothing in the rule-book about that.

“We’re talking about the safety of footballers for goodness sake, and once you say to footballers that when they’re at their work on the park then they aren’t going to be safe then what’s the point?

“It was the Hibs fans that orchestrated everything.

“Rangers are not blameless, we know that, because when people are running 50 or 60 yards to goad you, you’re always going to get that small minority that don’t like that, and they shouldn’t be reacting.

“We accept that, and they may well get punished for that.

“The instigators though were the Hibs fans for what they did to the park, on the park and to the opposing players.

“I think it’s a scandal what has gone on and it is a cop-out – by the police, by the SFA, and by everybody in charge there.

“That should never ever happen again.

“When players are charged and assaulted by fans then that is a no-no, and if the club isn’t punished for that then there’s something far, far wrong in our game.”

Johnstone was also critical of the reaction of Hibs chairman and SFA board member Rod Petrie, who he accused of trying to sweep the conduct of the Hibs fans under the carpet.

“There’s nobody that has come out and slaughtered the Hibernian fans for what they did,” he said.

“I thought Rod Petrie was disgraceful after the game with that smile on his face.

“It was him who came out with all this exuberance nonsense, what a load of absolute tosh.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14721520._What_a_cop_out____Derek_Johnstone_slaughters_SFA_over_Scottish_Cup_final_charge_sheet/

Hibs should have had their European place taken off them and been thrown out the cup within days of the final. As it is their punishment for assaulting the rangers team and rioting is going to be no worse than rangers.

Next time a team invades the pitch anywhere the opposition fans better get on the pitch fast to protect their players.