Your choice of first team & subs

Ok, the window is shut and our business is done. We will have to live or die with the squad we have until January at least. So Gersnetters, pick your starting 11 and subs from our squad. Lets go on the basis everyone is fit and in form, its just a bit of fun. Just keep it to a 4-3-3 seeing as that is what the gaffer does.

Foderingham

Tav Hill Senderos Wallace

Barton Nico Holt

Waghorn Garner McKay

Subs: Gilks, Hodson, Kiernan, Forrester, Windass, O'Halloran, Dodoo

Players missing out Wilson, Crooks, Halliday, Miller, Rossiter plus all the young guns in the U20's who should be pushing through.

be interesting to see the variety of preferred options among us.

My choice Foderingham

Hodson Kiernan Senderos Wallace

Barton Holt Forrester

Waghorn Garner McKay

Subs. Gilks,Halliday,Hill,Tavernier,Krancjar,Miller and Rossiter.

Missing out Windas,Crooks,Dodoo(time on their side),Wilson,Ohalleron(not convinced on these two) and have not taken U20's into consideration.

Based on what I've seen so far I'd go for:

Foderingham

Tav

Senderos

Wilson

Wallace

Rossiter

Forrester

Holt

Waghorn

Garner

McKay

I'd like to think Barton and Kranjcar will force their way into the team but they've not shown enough as it stands. Windass I'm also quite excited by and he may be the short-term dynamo we need in the enforced absence of Holt.

Interesting?

Wes

Tav Senderos Wilson Wallace

Rossiter

Forrester Halliday McKay

Garner Waghorn

Subs.. Barton, Nico, Holt, Hill, Windass, Miller and Crooks.

So many options when you look at the team and on paper I feel we should be good enough to challenge at the top. Any one of those subs could fit in easily.

Ok, the window is shut and our business is done. We will have to live or die with the squad we have until January at least. So Gersnetters, pick your starting 11 and subs from our squad. Lets go on the basis everyone is fit and in form, its just a bit of fun. Just keep it to a 4-3-3 seeing as that is what the gaffer does.

Foderingham

Tav Hill Senderos Wallace

Barton Nico Holt

Waghorn Garner McKay

Subs: Gilks, Hodson, Kiernan, Forrester, Windass, O'Halloran, Dodoo

Players missing out Wilson, Crooks, Halliday, Miller, Rossiter plus all the young guns in the U20's who should be pushing through.

be interesting to see the variety of preferred options among us.

Fodderingham

Tav Senderos Wallace Hodson

Halliday

Forrester Holt

Waghorn Dodoo McKay

Reserves. Barton O'Halloran Wilson Kranjcar Gilks Windass Garner.

I would actually toy with the idea of not putting a keeper on the Bench. How often is he actually used? With our possession game we could use a player who can keep if an emergency does arrive.

Barton has not produced anything near the performances of Halliday last season therfore I would choose Halliday. I am not sure if I would put Dodoo or Waggy in the middle but Waggy is more dangerous coming in from the right. I have little faith in Wilson Kiernan and Hill and I know from past games that Wallace can play CH probably better than all 3 so therefore my choice of moving Wallace to CH.

With regard to no keeper on bench it would be sods law as no doubt something would happen.I have always maintained that the position of goalkeeper should be able to be subbed at any time in the event of injury and this would be over and above subs allowed.

Pretty sure the rule is you have to have a 'keeper on the bench.

Good to see Waghorn, Windass, Holt and Senderos all train today - though the latter two didn't take a full part it seems. Hopefully all four can feature against Linfield.

Pretty sure the rule is you have to have a 'keeper on the bench.

Good to see Waghorn, Windass, Holt and Senderos all train today - though the latter two didn't take a full part it seems. Hopefully all four can feature against Linfield.

How does that work? Do you have to name a keeper that can only keep? In that case you could never bring a keeper on as a player say for a last minute corner and remove a small player.

That is a strange one.

With the players we have - I would be tempted to play a 4 -3-1-2 (not all games)

Fod

Tav Senderos Kieran Wallace

Halliday Barton Windass

Kranjcar

Waghorn Garner

With McKay, O'Halloran, Miller etc able to come on and shake it up a bit.

Edited by Waltersgotstyle