Reasons for optimism - September 10th

It's us v them!,famous for not knowing the outcome,our team has yet to kick into top gear however if we had taken even half the chances we have created already this season maybe,just maybe our defence would not be under such scrutiny?.

These games take care of themselves,usually,and I still think if we click we will get a result.

I have been watching a lot of old matches on Rangers TV lately and the amount of goals scored against us from corners is quite an eye opener!,however I will say if we are to get a positive result we will need to be at the top of our game,I said that all last season and believed it.

You would think we are going up against Real/Bayern/Barca!.

It's us v them!,famous for not knowing the outcome,our team has yet to kick into top gear however if we had taken even half the chances we have created already this season maybe,just maybe our defence would not be under such scrutiny?.

These games take care of themselves,usually,and I still think if we click we will get a result.

I have been watching a lot of old matches on Rangers TV lately and the amount of goals scored against us from corners is quite an eye opener!,however I will say if we are to get a positive result we will need to be at the top of our game,I said that all last season and believed it.

You would think we are going up against Real/Bayern/Barca!.

Exactly why I started the thread. Everyone has us beaten already.

By all accounts their defence is as suspect as ours which gives me confidence that if we can score through a packed park the bus style defence we can score through theirs too. The Israelis hit them for four over two matches and they're not footballing giants are they.

On an aside it's going to be comical to see what actual footballing giants such as Barcelona front loaded with Suarez, Messi, and Neymar will do to them. Rod Stewart better turn up with a hankie for another greet.

Wake up Celtic the Gers have something to say to you

It's only September and we already made you look like fools

You know you keep us amused when yet again you loose

Oh Celtic you couldn't have tried any more

We beat you away from home

Scotty Brown was spewing foam

55 is coming and I bet it really hurts.

Founded in1872 you really know our age

54 titles, we have won everything

We laughed at all of your jokes

10 in a row was only a hoax

Oh Celtic you couldn't have tried anymore

55 is coming and I bet it really hurts

All you thought you needed was a winger, right back and a Centre-half

But you forgot about the midfield and the Rangers really, really wore you out.

Joey Barton got inside your heads

and the Gers left you all for dead

Oh celtic you couldn't have tried anymore

55 is coming and that was a pain you could do without.

I suppose Brendan Rodgers will collect his books and head on back to the pool,

Or he'll keep on taking wages like he did with Liverpool

With you Euro money tied up in an elastic band

Disappearing in Lawells hand

Oh Celtic you'll wish you'd never seen his face

He's made a first class fool out of you

All your money's gone and tropheys too

He's stole from you but you love him anyway

Oh Celtic you'll wish you never saw his face

You'll realise he's been riding you daft one of these days.

Is that positive enough.:)

Our start to the season hasn't been great but, in this case, the gap between matches may work in our favour.

It's a chance to reset, start again and find the level of performance that allowed us to beat Celtic a few months back. It's a big ask but it can be done and I'm certainly no less confident than I was in April.

Our start to the season hasn't been great but, in this case, the gap between matches may work in our favour.

It's a chance to reset, start again and find the level of performance that allowed us to beat Celtic a few months back. It's a big ask but it can be done and I'm certainly no less confident than I was in April.

Reason for optimism. They're entirely unused to a team coming at them in Scotland and the only match I have seen them play in when a team did go at them was in Israel where they ended up pinned right back and could have lost by more than 2-0

We're going to be going at them too largely because we don't know how to do anything else and since they too have a suspect defence we can score so it comes down to they're going to have to score more than we do. All this waffle about 7-1 etc. is exactly the same tosh we heard before the cup semi.

We can win this and all the pressure is on them from all quarters not on us.

I'm remaining confident but we mustn't be too despondent and think all is lost if this doesn't go well for us. The season is young and we wont hit our stride till we're heading towards the second quarter.

If I had to put money on this one, I'd probably back them. We've not really hit form this season and I think we're a year or so off being strong contenders. However, if we find form on the day there's no reason we can't beat them, we've proved that last year!

It's going to be an interesting yard stick, their confidence may well come back to haunt them (again!) and certainly fuels our players. I'm expecting confrontation and frustration, especially if we start well. Chances of something between Broonie and Barton? Pretty high I think, certainly don't bet against a red card in this one (depending on the ref it could be either way, Barton's cleaned up his act the past couple of years, but this is Scotland and he's wearing the light blue, that's provocation enough for some) remember Brown's rather foolish booking for winding up Diouf after scoring? Expect more of the same idiocy from him. Overall, I think we'll probably lose it and I'm concerned that without strong officials we may pick up injuries, but I'm certainly hopeful of being wrong!

Needless to say, after recent events, it's now more important than ever that our fans behave themselves and don't give any reason to draw attention to themselves. Hopefully we can drop the sectarian crap and focus on the football. We've got a good side, playing attractive footie, we don't need to drag ourselves down with the other rubbish. Whether we agree with what's deemed offensive or not, and regardless of what other clubs fans may be doing, we have to hold ourselves to a higher standard, by virtue of being Rangers fans and as a result of the higher level of scrutiny. Let's finally prove ourslves!

Edited by RabiDuck

If I had to put money on this one, I'd probably back them. We've not really hit form this season and I think we're a year or so off being strong contenders. However, if we find form on the day there's no reason we can't beat them, we've proved that last year!

It's going to be an interesting yard stick, their confidence may well come back to haunt them (again!) and certainly fuels our players. I'm expecting confrontation and frustration, especially if we start well. Chances of something between Broonie and Barton? Pretty high I think, certainly don't bet against a red card in this one (depending on the ref it could be either way, Barton's cleaned up his act the past couple of years, but this is Scotland and he's wearing the light blue, that's provocation enough for some) remember Brown's rather foolish booking for winding up Diouf after scoring? Expect more of the same idiocy from him. Overall, I think we'll probably lose it and I'm concerned that without strong officials we may pick up injuries, but I'm certainly hopeful of being wrong!

Footballers in general don't have a great reputation for intellectualism and in broonaldo you have a Forrest Gump of footballers. He has already been wound up by Barton and if on the day in a more open game than he has had since he came to Scotland Joey can start giving him the run around while quietly winding him further well.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Footballers in general don't have a great reputation for intellectualism and in broonaldo you have a Forrest Gump of footballers. He has already been wound up by Barton and if on the day in a more open game than he has had since he came to Scotland Joey can start giving him the run around while quietly winding him further well.

Stupid is as stupid does.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced we wont see 22 players finish this game!