Reasons for optimism - September 10th

This is not BS I had a dream last night that I put a coupon on, 2-1 Bears and McKay FGS, it came up!!

Hopefully I will start having these every night before I go to the bookies...

I will happily take that as another reason for optimism :thup:

Reason or optimism - We played them off the park 5 months ago with a weaker squad and couldn't even fill our bench.

They will come at us which could also suit as we can be quick on the counter.

Pace may be the key given that we think they will give us space to run into others don't so for that reason this might be the ideal time to deploy the pace of O'Halloran which could also give him the opportunity to settle any doubts about the wisdom of spending a relatively significant money on him.

Hopefully we might also see Barton come on to a game and in some respects he's going to have to given his activities on social media from day one plus I would like to see Rossiter in there frustrating the hell out of them with his ability to win a ball from anybody who comes his way.

Kranjcar only needs a little space to do what he does best.

It's disappointing that we have to go into it impeded by a somewhat broken strike force with the injury to Waghorn which to me even though he appears to be over it means he cannot possibly be anything like as match fit as we would want him to be and Dodoo as well who also has strength and pace which could bother any team.

On that front step up Joe Garner who has the opportunity to become an instant legend and i'm pretty sure he will recognise that and get right in about them.

They are in "how many " mode,there is no bigger reason for optimism.

They think they're the cock of the walk because they got good results against a Motherwell who even by the accounts of the press the next day basically just lay down to them and who have 1 win from 4 and an Aberdeen side who also have 1 win from 4 against a Partick team lying second bottom of the table and who were ejected from Europe by Slovenian minnows who have a ground capacity of 12K

Part timers from Gibraltar turned them over while the Israeli side played them off the park and came within an inch of ejecting them from Europe with only a missed penalty saving them from that ejection. We only need to turn up and do what we;re capable of to shake them out of their superiority fantasy and what a time it would be to do it.

But again as I have previously mentioned this isn't the be all and end all for us. There should be no mass despondency if things go against us because then it's only what everyone but us expected and this is just the beginning of a long haul in which we will become stronger all the time. On the other hand if we turn them over then it's a disaster for them.

I still firmly believe a run of good results and a level of consistency will come in time to make for a good season.