Starting 11

Well, a few hours later ... it was a learning experience for all around, and a wake-up call for some.

Yet, despite the obvious shower of glee raining all over us, not least from the Scum and their cohorts, it was not exactly the demolition they were hoping for. And while the torch-brigade is out again and hares after Kiernan, Senderos and Co. - you see, we heard it all before, it gets boring - we were sure well beaten, but IMHO at least 2 goals worse than our display warranted. Yes, we were under the cosh for spells, yes, they had good chances. But who can tell how the result might have endd up with both Senderos and Kiernan on the park? (Cue a few wrathful remarks about those two.) For the carved us open late on due to a total absence of a central defence and any defensive cohesion. And executed their strikes well.

All their strikes, it has to be said. Something that is hardly mentioned in the aftermath and agony aimed at our defenders. As if we were alone on the park and only our faults lead to any goals. That is an attitude I only now from the German national side, where the oppositions means nothing in any analysis, as "we" either were good or bad. Which is obviously utter rubbish.

We were looking good at 2-1 when Kiernan essentially shot us in the foot. He and Senderos were probably the main culprits today, but McKay also looked at 75% of his own abilities (and has for weeks), while our midfield did not get to grip with having them constantly on their toes, being doubled by two people and did not get going at all.

A lot has to change for the next OF game, but at this moment and time, our next job is Ross County at home, a totally different experience and who knows what will happen in the next 33 match days. I for one don't change a season's prospects on a weekly basis and won't change now.

BTW, how often see people need to bring our defensive dilemma into any game thread? This teeth-gnashing at our "inability" to find a decent centre-half. It IS NOT down to MW and Co.'s ineptness, but the lack of people available at our price-range. Start get real here. You can similarly bark at the moom and hope that he will go away, with the same consequences.

We were appalling today - it's quite simple. You say they didn't get the demolition they hoped for? It was 5-1.

Did people seriously think we were going to win the league this season?

Anyone who has more than half a season of total football experience in his or her life will have known that we would know roundabout the end of September where we are in terms of squad, ability and prospects. Before that, it is wishful thinking at best. It looks like some couldn't help themselves with their predictions, and take the reality check not too well.

That said, it hardly helps if people try to find a prospect for a season on a weekly basis.

We were appalling today - it's quite simple. You say they didn't get the demolition they hoped for? It was 5-1.

It was 2-1 when the game was essentially sold by our centre halfs. They got their last two when we were down a man and had lost two centre halfs. Not in their wildest dreams did they expect us to help them on the way like we did, which makes it all the more terrible from our perspective.

you know from the word go this season (preseason) we rotated the squad massively which i think looking bad was a terrible decision especially since we have been trying to bed in so many new players. Ironically out of all the signings we have made it looks like Windass and possible Crooks (based on press down south last year) might turn out to be the best ones. I think Garner will come good but you have to wonder what MOH has to do to get a run of games under his belt.

Frustrating as it has been of late I do think that we have a team capable of making top 3 easy but MW needs to stop kidding himself thinking we can rotate week on week. Players need to get used to playing together and gelling. That has not been happening, the team has changed too much game to game. I agree with what I have read so far that I would drop Barton, he just hasn't understood how we play, he always drops too deep for my liking and always slows the game. We should probably look at Halliday, Rossiter and Holt/Windass. I would mention Crooks in there and you would think we could beneift from his and windass having played together previously but at this rate he will be playing centre halve since kiernan is out of his depth.

Hopefully we'll start to see Waghorn back as well and finally put some sort of starting 11 out of the pitch week in week out that can get results. I am optimistic for the future and bigger and better Rangers teams have taken bigger batterings and move forward and no doubt we will too.

Mon the Gers

Whatever budget we had, I for one was not looking for it to be blown on ' Marquee Signings ' for our midfield which was young, and a bit more coaching re positioning , would have been fine for this season at least.

Surely, but surely, Mr Warburton saw that we needed two hard, intelligent centre halves first and foremost - other sides even in Scotland - seem to address this no problem.

Barton or Halliday ? Kranjcar or Forrester ? Hill or .........My Granny ( if she wisnae deid already ) !

All of the pace has gone from our game this season, the world and his wife can see why, every opposition set piece all around me in BF4 collectively fear the worst - not acceptable.

No, boss we are not 'in a good place' so earn your wages and fix it.

Not excusing the lack of investment, general malaise of our new board.....but that is for another day!

Just watched the full game as I could only see part of the 2nd half so here's my tuppence worth

Before going into this game my biggest fear wasn't the potency of Celtic but how we were playing and after watching the game all my fears came to fruition. Celtic won the game easily 5-1 without having to do much for their victory IMO. Granted, they were more aggressive but I genuinely feel we were the architects of our own downfall. A combination of horror defending and shocking passing from us made the game easy for Celtic and that for me is a worry. I also don't think the line-up helped to be honest. When I saw the line up I thought we look lightweight in midfield and that's were we lost it. Our weak midfield showing only heaped more pressure on our already struggling back line and we could never control the game. Oh well. Onwards and upwards