Weekend fixtures

There are 4 games in the SPFL Prem this Saturday, and draws for Ross County (at Tynecastle - quite possible after Saturday at Ibrox) and Motherwell (at Thistle - perfectly reasonable to expect at least a draw for them) coupled with a win for Dundee at ICT (again quite possible) would see us going into an always difficult to get anything out of game at Dolly in 8TH POSITION.

Talk about putting pressure on us to get a result up there, can you imagine the pressure on our side if we kick off at Pittodrie in 8th spot? Never mind the orgasmic nature of the media who will be in overdrive, not that I personally take any notice of them but sadly still plenty do.

We wouldnt be the first Rangers side to get beaten at Pittodrie, and when you add in how bad our record in tough away games is under MW (1 in in 6 away games against the playoff sides in the Champ last year and defeat at the piggery this year), it doesnt take a stretch to see us finish next weekend in 8th place.

For a bit of balance, if we get a win and other results go our way we can be in second place 1 point behind the scum.

Thoughts?

In my opinion, there's been a fair bit of hysteria over the last 7-10 days.

The Celtic result was a nightmare but events since have really seen many people over-react (perhaps even senior players and the manager). Not winning on Saturday didn't help and it matters little if we play well if we don't win games.

Tomorrow night sees another tough match against a Doonhamer side top of the Championship and playing well. A solid win will cheer us all up but a loss will see the criticism become even more vociferous.

All in all, it's certainly a belated baptism of fire to Warburton's reign. It's going to be fascinating to see how he deals with the pressure and I'd hope neither he (or us actually) will panic amidst all the mischief-making.

Yesterday on BBC Radio Scotland; Richard Gordon, Wullie Miller, Scott Davie, and Alan Preston were all desperate for Aberdeen to win at Dens Park. Rheinhart and Wullie are Dandy Dons, thus okay and they added the bonus of going ahead of Rangers on goal difference. Again, Biscuits Preston had the BIG hard-on because he believes a victory at Dens will kick start the Dons season and set them up nicely for next weekend. Rheinhart countered with, "we have St Johnstone first up in the League Cup". Biscuits shrugged it off, "no matter, Aberdeen have too much pace and width for Rangers". Now, I believe Scott Davie to be a Raith Rovers fan; however, he adds he is looking forward to next Sunday's fixture at Pittodrie, "enormously".

That well rehearsed, repeated phrase, "due to the ongoing problems between Rangers and the BBC" is becoming a euphemism for 'fill your boots'. Still, as H-u-n scum, we should know our place.

There are 4 games in the SPFL Prem this Saturday, and draws for Ross County (at Tynecastle - quite possible after Saturday at Ibrox) and Motherwell (at Thistle - perfectly reasonable to expect at least a draw for them) coupled with a win for Dundee at ICT (again quite possible) would see us going into an always difficult to get anything out of game at Dolly in 8TH POSITION.

Talk about putting pressure on us to get a result up there, can you imagine the pressure on our side if we kick off at Pittodrie in 8th spot? Never mind the orgasmic nature of the media who will be in overdrive, not that I personally take any notice of them but sadly still plenty do.

We wouldnt be the first Rangers side to get beaten at Pittodrie, and when you add in how bad our record in tough away games is under MW (1 in in 6 away games against the playoff sides in the Champ last year and defeat at the piggery this year), it doesnt take a stretch to see us finish next weekend in 8th place.

For a bit of balance, if we get a win and other results go our way we can be in second place 1 point behind the scum.

Thoughts?

I think in the players and fans mind if we are not first then the pressure is on. Slightly less so in second position but 3rd down brings with it the same amount of pressure/scrutiny imo.

For us i think if we're not first or second we're last in a lot of peoples eyes and even second will feel like that to a lot of people even this season.

The Aberdeen game is going to be tough. Not the sort of game we want to go into needing a result.

Plus I always feel that Pittodrie has a really narrow pitch which i dont think helps our style of play.

However if we do get a comfortable win then it can be a huge boost to everyone and i think most importantly get some confidence in the fans towards the team/manager.

I say don't even look at the other results and concentrate on our own game. A win at Pittodrie puts us back up the league. The league table never really takes shape until 8 games anyway so its not true positions until another couple of weeks. Goal difference doesn't mean much at this stage unless a side is winning / losing by 3 or 4 every week.

Plus I always feel that Pittodrie has a really narrow pitch which i dont think helps our style of play.

There is 2.3 yards of a difference in width between Ibrox and Pittodrie which if you call it a yard each side I suppose doesn't really amount to much and Pittodrie is comfortably larger than any pitch in the EPL.

Ibrox Field size 114.8 × 74.3 yards

Pittodrie Field size 109 yd × 72 yd

The 5 largest in the EPL in 2015/16

Arsenal Emirates Stadium 105m x 68m

Aston Villa Villa Park 105m x 68m

Hull KC Stadium 105m x 68m

Manchester City Etihad Stadium 105m x 68m

Manchester United Old Trafford 105m x 68m

There are another 5 with the same dimensions before they start to become smaller.

Edited by JFK-1

There is 2.3 yards of a difference in width between Ibrox and Pittodrie which if you call it a yard each side I suppose doesn't really amount to much and Pittodrie is comfortably larger than any pitch in the EPL.

Ibrox Field size 114.8 × 74.3 yards

Pittodrie Field size 109 yd × 72 yd

The 5 largest in the EPL in 2015/16

Arsenal Emirates Stadium 105m x 68m

Aston Villa Villa Park 105m x 68m

Hull KC Stadium 105m x 68m

Manchester City Etihad Stadium 105m x 68m

Manchester United Old Trafford 105m x 68m

There are another 5 with the same dimensions before they start to become smaller.

105m is 114 yards 2.48 feet and 68m is 74 yards 1 foot

105m is 114 yards 2.48 feet and 68m is 74 yards 1 foot

Didn't quite digest that they were using metres for the EPL dimensions but Pittodrie still appears to closely match up to the largest in England. A shade smaller than Ibrox. I don't know how much smaller it would need to be to start making a significant difference to a winger but I do remember something Davie Cooper once said.

He was complaining about needing width to be a winger and mentioned narrower lower league grounds as presenting a problem to a winger and he specifically singled out Douglas Park as it was at the time perhaps because he was from Hamilton. He said that if he wanted to be a winger there he would need to be standing out on the M8.