[FT] Rangers 5 (Holt 33; Halliday 62; Waghorn 63, 71, 83) - 0 Queen of the South

I don't think it's a match where anyone should be 'rested' at such an early stage of the season. Yes they're Championship opposition but on current form they're the best team in that league sitting top of the pile and the only undefeated team in it while to reach this stage of the cup they walloped hibz 3-1 at Easter Road.

I would like to see the strongest possible 11 starting it then gaining a comfortable lead before switching anyone out for any rest purposes. And incidentally these are brief highlights of their game at the weekend where they had another 3-1 win over Raith who themselves are a useful side.

I thought Halliday was one of our better players on Saturday!,I wouldn't leave him out of the team right now,if Crooks plays from the start then I think that would be a bit unfair on him!

I agree. He would have been the first name on the sheet for the Celtic game for me too

If you guys would read the preview thread then you would have seen this:

Well, I just checked the replies with names added to certain games in the list. But I was assuming that some article will eventually be writen and the thread merged by some admin lord :D

DB I know you do a lot for the German site and I don't mean this as a snide remark but you are entirely welcome to write a preview or other piece for here now and again.:)

Cometh the time ...

It all depends how match fit Crooks is along with the other doubts like Rossiter and Dodoo.

Id like to see Senderos and Hill together. Hill may still be able to do a job and the more matches he gets should help. He should be starting at Pittodrie on Sunday anyway so give him an hour today then a day off.

Id rest both Wallace and Tavenier, both are too extremely important at the moment as we are very light at full back. But Ive no idea who could come in at LB.

Gilks

Hodson

Senderos

Hill

????????

Holt

Crooks

Halliday

O'Hallaran

Garner

Forrester

It all depends how match fit Crooks is along with the other doubts like Rossiter and Dodoo.

Id like to see Senderos and Hill together. Hill may still be able to do a job and the more matches he gets should help. He should be starting at Pittodrie on Sunday anyway so give him an hour today then a day off.

Id rest both Wallace and Tavenier, both are too extremely important at the moment as we are very light at full back. But Ive no idea who could come in at LB.

Gilks

Hodson

Senderos

Hill

????????

Holt

Crooks

Halliday

O'Hallaran

Garner

Forrester

Waghorn needs the game time so I would have Forrester or Windass instead of crooks.

Crooks will only get 30mins

Waghorn needs the game time so I would have Forrester or Windass instead of crooks.

Crooks will only get 30mins

Id give Waghorn the second 45 minutes and Windass 30 minutes, both important for upcoming league games.

We have a 21 player pool for tomorrow it will be interesting who drops out as only 18 can take part.

We won't have 4 central defenders I think so Hill or Kiernan will drop out. After that it is really difficult to choose.

Overall I would rather lose this one than the next one but if we want to win this I don't think we can look at it as a guaranteed gimme where we can 'rest' players and just throw in whoever we feel like. They're a competent unbeaten side riding a wave of confidence.

Edited by JFK-1