[FT] Aberdeen 2 - 1 Rangers (Halliday 79 pen)

Have you seen the pass maps?

Here's the Rangers pass map:

[tweet]780833430342889473[/tweet]

It's quite decent: connections throughout, well spaced and everyone is involved; but where is Garner!? We need to find him more. I also feel watching that we fail to find our No.8s (Holt and Forrester above) sufficiently.

In contrast, here is the Aberdeen pass map:

[tweet]780833219755270144[/tweet]

An absolute embarrassment that this beat us!

It simply further illustrates how thoroughly we outplayed them and as for their game plan I would be embarrassed if my team were claiming to be one of the best in the country and my game plan was goalie launches the ball up front. It's exactly the same thing as they did against St Johnstone and got lucky then too.

The Aberdeen map makes a mockery of those saying they dominated the game or having lots of their players in the "team of the week".

Their mindset might be rather simplistic: they beat the mighty Rangers, who have by default the better players and thus they must have been better and deserve a mention. Hope the fat lady's song will put them all in their place again.

The Aberdeen map makes a mockery of those saying they dominated the game or having lots of their players in the "team of the week".

The majority if not all of the press reports I have seen say Rangers dominated.

I'm not really sure how to interpret the Garner anomaly in that map - is it a fault of the player or the team? It kind of looks like it might be the missing link - we need him up front, and getting a lot more service.

Miller's recent shifts would probably look similar which suggests it's a plan. But if it's meant to pull defences out of shape (I'm assuming that's why it's being done), then it's not really working. The midfielders and wide players don't appear to be moving into the space the striker would normally occupy so I guess there's not much space to move into. Of course,that's all assumption on my part; maybe it's not a plan at all