[FT] Aberdeen 2 - 1 Rangers (Halliday 79 pen)

Didn't you know? Apparently we're not seeing Durrant diving and somehow tearing his knee to shreds in the process. That's how ludicrous they have become over it apparently oblivious to the fact it makes them look like weirdos far less idiots.

Why would another rambling anecdote, an appeal to a press report or use of the almighty 'surely' make me change my mind?

Possession and territory are both subordinate to goals. Goals dominate football matches.

It's great to try and soften the blow of another defeat by claiming that our team has 'dominated'. We have all done it.

Why would another rambling anecdote, an appeal to a press report or use of the almighty 'surely' make me change my mind?

Possession and territory are both subordinate to goals. Goals dominate football matches.

It's great to try and soften the blow of another defeat by claiming that our team has 'dominated'. We have all done it.

I don't think anybody cares if you change your mind so you shouldn't be too worried about that. All they're saying is you don't seem to have the same understanding of dominate in terms of a football match the footballing media and everybody else but you seems to have. If you want to have a view nobody else goes along with that's your perogative.

As for softening any blows that's another misunderstanding. You can be as pessimistic as you want to be no one cares but they're not going to allow you without comment to make your own definitions of common place terms such as 'dominate' that are regularly applied to football matches in exactly the same way it's being applied by people here. They're not the ones out of step from that perspective you are.

If you don't like this everyday parlance then ignore it.

This side are never going to take >50% of our clear cut chances. Never going to happen with any regularity. Unfortunately with the amount we concede we really need to. We created 4 clear cut chances against Aberdeen in my opinion. That's not enough for a team who take maybe 20% of chances

Let's see if we can beat Patrick thistle with any sort of margin first before we start saying we will do this and that. All teams need to do is sit back and soak up pressure knowing we will convert little. Luckily it will not take much to get second. As I said the other night start scoring goals at home and we should make it. This league is not very good or challenging we are just making it look hard

This side are never going to take >50% of our clear cut chances. Never going to happen with any regularity. Unfortunately with the amount we concede we really need to. We created 4 clear cut chances against Aberdeen in my opinion. That's not enough for a team who take maybe 20% of chances

Let's see if we can beat Patrick thistle with any sort of margin first before we start saying we will do this and that. All teams need to do is sit back and soak up pressure knowing we will convert little. Luckily it will not take much to get second. As I said the other night start scoring goals at home and we should make it. This league is not very good or challenging we are just making it look hard

To be fair I don't think it's typical for most sides to take 50% of chances over a season. Read somewhere that one third is typical so say 33%.

Have you seen the pass maps?

Here's the Rangers pass map:

[tweet]780833430342889473[/tweet]

It's quite decent: connections throughout, well spaced and everyone is involved; but where is Garner!? We need to find him more. I also feel watching that we fail to find our No.8s (Holt and Forrester above) sufficiently.

In contrast, here is the Aberdeen pass map:

[tweet]780833219755270144[/tweet]

An absolute embarrassment that this beat us!

Edited by Rousseau