Foul that never was

McInnes's take on it:

"I think Tavernier gets himself into a bad position,” said McInnes. “He then has to tackle and it’s a wee bit desperate from behind. My first thought was that it’s a free-kick."

t@sser

McInnes works in and for Aberdeen ... but in his case, his angle of view might have lead him to this remark.

It was no foul when first seen, and the replays confirmed the obvious. If anything, Rangers should appeal the yellow card.

Edited by der Berliner

A foul or not a foul? Who cares? The game should have been over by then. I cannot stand this focus on one decision. It's not the Rangers way and reeks of Septic's paranoid masses.

It is unfortunate that it was never a foul but the fact is once again we lost a goal to a set piece. I am of the meaning that it should be almost impossible to score from that distance. Yes it was a beautiful free kick but if Foderingham was better positioned he could have taken it without even diving. If he was centrally positioned and expecting it in that corner then he should have gotten across easily for it. The chances of it going in to the top left corner from that position were minimal and the trajectory would have given him far more time to get across. Foderingham has to take the blame for the goal in my eyes.

Hayes dived about all afternoon getting 2 players booked in the process and agree that Foderingham's starting position was wrong and should have been more central.

The ref should have booked Shinnie for an identical foul but chose not to give him a second.

The Kranjcar booking spoilt it for the ref as he got whistle happy from that point on.

Can't be too harsh on Wes. There was barely any gap for him to aim for; another centimetre to the right and it's a save. Give the wee bastard credit for an inch-perfect free kick. Other than that, yes, Shinnie could have booked more of theirs but the decisive free kick award wasn't one of those instances.

Edited by Oleg_Mcnoleg

A foul or not a foul? Who cares? The game should have been over by then. I cannot stand this focus on one decision. It's not the Rangers way and reeks of Septic's paranoid masses.

Should haves. The point that bothers is that this was a match-deciding decision. We sure have to blame Tav for losing his man after HT, or one can try pointing at Foderingham for being marginally late. Another "big game" where our defenders were caught out. While you are right that we should have won that game by then, decisions like that should not be forgotten in the overall picture. And that's not exactly Yahoo-ization.

And then you see what happens across the Clyde with offside goals and reckless challenges not rewarded as they should be, you do start to wonder. And it's simple not just black and white here, i.e. looking at that with a shaking head or downright paranoia. It goes on and on and on. Tav's "foul" and yellow was just another icing on that ever increasing cake.

Can't be too harsh on Wes. There was barely any gap for him to aim for; another centimetre to the right and it's a save. Give the wee bastard credit for an inch-perfect free kick. Other than that, yes, Shinnie could have booked more of theirs but the decisive free kick award wasn't one of those instances.

I'm a fan of Wes and don't think i'm being harse, look at the goal from the view behind the goal and look at his positioning. He should have not given the taker a look at that side and forced him into shooting for the far corner IMO.

I'm a fan of Wes and don't think i'm being harse, look at the goal from the view behind the goal and look at his positioning. He should have not given the taker a look at that side and forced him into shooting for the far corner IMO.

If the player gets it up and over the wall there's a limited amount the keeper can do. The kid stuck it in pretty much the only place that Wes couldn't get to.