Rangers' performance at Pittodrie shows they WILL finish above Aberdeen: Hugh Burns

I wasn't complaining when we were steamrollering teams last season playing 4 - 3 - 3, but I do think in terms of our existing personnel, that a 3 - 5 - 2 may suit us better. Tav and Wallace basically play more offensively in any case, but we desperately need that third central defender to tidy things up. If we could go out and get a Baresi or Maldini, perhaps we could stick to the 4 - 3 - 3, but with Wilson, Hill, Senderos and Kiernan, none of whom fill me with confidence, a third player in there may shore things up at the back.

I also think that Garner would be better as part of a twin striker partnership, he seems totally lost as a sole striker. Neither McKay or Waghorn ever got close to providing him with support. If we are to continue with 4 - 3 - 3, then Waghorn would be the better option as a striker.

I've heard a few Rangers supporters expressing disappointment at a couple of results but have yet to meet any calling for Warburton to get heaved or anything approaching that. Where are the press getting their information from ?

I've heard a few Rangers supporters expressing disappointment at a couple of results but have yet to meet any calling for Warburton to get heaved or anything approaching that. Where are the press getting their information from ?

Just wishful thinking and mischief making = gutter press!

I wasn't complaining when we were steamrollering teams last season playing 4 - 3 - 3, but I do think in terms of our existing personnel, that a 3 - 5 - 2 may suit us better. Tav and Wallace basically play more offensively in any case, but we desperately need that third central defender to tidy things up. If we could go out and get a Baresi or Maldini, perhaps we could stick to the 4 - 3 - 3, but with Wilson, Hill, Senderos and Kiernan, none of whom fill me with confidence, a third player in there may shore things up at the back.

I also think that Garner would be better as part of a twin striker partnership, he seems totally lost as a sole striker. Neither McKay or Waghorn ever got close to providing him with support. If we are to continue with 4 - 3 - 3, then Waghorn would be the better option as a striker.

It seems so obvious doesn't it? My only fear would be keeping 3 centre backs fit....

I agree with Hugh Burns....I don't think the team in general is too far away from success.

We dominated play against Aberdeen, however work needs to be done on breaking down the opposition defence & maintaining a locked door at the back to combat counter-strikes.

Teams are simply flooding their own penalty box in order to prevent us penetrating, they then hope for that lucky quick break. Think we could maybe do with moving the ball quicker when around the box - either short, sharp passes, or playing an earlier ball in from the wide areas.

I truly think that something will click - soon - and we will all be happy again.

Yes, we're currently sitting in 7th place....but only 3 points behind Aberdeen in 2nd - depending on results in the next game, we could be back to 2nd or 3rd.

No need to panic yet!!!