Mark Warburton facing SFA charge over furious rant at referee

06:00, 28 Sep 2016

By Keith Jackson

RECORD Sport understands referee John Beaton has included details of Warburton’s post-match outburst at Pittodrie in his match report.

RANGERS boss Mark Warburton will be in hot water with the SFA over his Pittodrie rant at referee John Beaton.

Record Sport understands details of Warburton’s furious post-match outburst at the official, moments after the final whistle sounded on his side’s late defeat at Aberdeen, have been included in Beaton’s match report.

And the Rangers manager – who has come under heavy fire after dropping to seventh place in the top flight table – will now be hit with a charge of misconduct by the Hampden beaks.

It’s believed Warburton will be offered a touchline ban for his angry exchange with Beaton.

He accused the official of blundering in the final moments of the match when he awarded

Aberdeen the foul which led to a stunning dead-ball winner from James Maddison.

Warburton was outraged by that decision and adamant not only that full-back James Tavernier had won the ball cleanly, but Beaton’s own fourth official agreed with his assessment in the technical area.

Yet he insisted yesterday he wouldn’t be blaming bad luck for his side’s rotten start in the league.

The Dons’ win left Rangers with a miserable haul of nine points from seven games – although only three behind second-placed Aberdeen.

Warburton said: “We went to Pittodrie, delivered a good display and should have come away with the points.

“The fine margins are never ever an excuse, you have to look at it and over the course of a season. What goes around comes around.

“You’d like to think they even themselves out over 38 games but when you look at them, it’s

frustrating.”

He added: “It’s difficult for our fans to swallow when you take one point from six.

“That’s not Rangers but we hope very much they can see a lot of progress is being made.”

Warburton added: “It is just work. We have to make sure that the work is there and the players have been putting it in.”

He declared the difference from between Gers’ 5-0 win in the midweek Betfred Cup tie was clear.

He said: “We’d more possession and chances against Aberdeen than against Queen of the South but we were more clinical in that game.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-boss-mark-warburton-facing-8928057

If that had happened to the BHEASTS there would be accusations of cheating causing another refs' strike!

Rangers should just say the manager was over exuberant at the end of the match!

Edited by ian1964

Will Beaton also include that he fucked up royally?

Presumably he knows that. Everybody else does and it must have been sort of embarrassing filing the complaint. I hope they question him with things like "any idea what triggered his outburst"?

The only honest answer can be I made a total arse of things and lost him the match.

Presumably he knows that. Everybody else does and it must have been sort of embarrassing filing the complaint. I hope they question him with things like "any idea what triggered his outburst"?

The only honest answer can be I made a total arse of things and lost him the match.

Refs here don't do embarrassment JFK, I get the impression when they make a baws up, it's just "oh well, these things happen" or they may even sit with a beer and laugh over it? Especially when it happens to us!. In the space of two weeks it has been highlighted on sky that the mhanks got away with a blatant sending off and we have a man booked, a foul given and lose a goal in the dying minutes because of "ahem" human error??

I think refs make mistakes just as managers and players do. They have to call it as they see it and so the better refs won't lose sleep on a bad decision as it will affect them too much in the future. I think managers have to live with the odd mistake and put any frustration into marking the performance of the ref rather than shouting at him.