Warburton On SSN - Coming Up

Jim Traynor stopped the 1st press conference due to repeated questions by Mark Bernstead about JB when MW had said four times he won't comment on Barton,he then returned 20 minutes later for the 2nd one!:)

Edited by ian1964

The lack of information around the ban is frustrating.

Why? I don't think that the ins and outs of a disciplinary event need to be publicised, particularly as it will give the haters a field day.

I'm more than happy if they deal with it quietly and internally.

I don't think we come out of that looking good at all, the journalist sounded like he was asking a question nothing to do with Barton and Traynor was just being a bully. Had he pulled MW out of the room before the next question had started, then fine, but he didn't - instead he waited too long to clamp down imo.....

Edited by SteveC

The Barton situation was asked about several times, each time MW clearly told the sports correspondent he would not give any answers to it. The sports correspondent would not let up on his line of questioning, he should then have been as to leave the briefing, simple as, take no truck from these people. Hope this is a foretaste of how we are going to deal with disrespectful press and TV personnel.

I don't think we come out of that looking good at all, the journalist sounded like he was asking a question nothing to do with Barton and Traynor was just being a bully. Had he pulled MW out of the room before the next question had started, then fine, but he didn't - instead he waited too long to clamp down imo.....

It sounded to me as if his next question was also going to be Barton related. Benstead was being a fanny.