[FT] ICT 0 - 1 Rangers (Miller 22)

A goal worthy of winning any game

outside of that?

dire

they put 2 absolute sitters over the bar from unimpeded headers

the back 4 continue to be shambolic

and waghorn had one moment where he played a 20 yard cross field pass backwards to a caley player then immediately ran in scythed down a caley player

his performance tonight was shocking.

Well, I wasn't even considering Miller in my starting line up and then the gaffer plays the "predictable 3" in Waghorn, Miller and McKay up front. Once we got going after 15 mins and we were dictating the game, all is well. Okay, apart from Waghorn being off the boil with his shooting and became more frustrated (and substandard) as the game went on.

Miller struck a beauty ... but then the same bad scenario set in. There was "so much dynamic" in the front line that they were all over the place and no-one was inside the box (bar Holt perhaps) when our wingers danced themselves round the fullbacks and played some neat crosses into the box. People have to cover these positions, or else we will not score as many as we should ... and could be.

Obviously, ICT made it difficult and got some freedom from the ref too (that straight-legged challenge against Hill was the icing on the cake), but why was there need from our midfielders (who had space in front of them) to play the ball back to our (covered) centre-halfs, who are not know for spreading precise passes about. Instead of taking their man (or even free space) on and carry the ball away from our goal. That was almost criminal during the last 15 mins.. We lost our midfield dominance and invited ICT unto us. Very strange, very unlike us (compared to earlier in the game) and sure in need of being addressed.

A bit disappointing that Miller wasn't removed, as he was shifted out to the left late on, while Dodoo, our natural left winger was being used on the right. Kranjcar was running the show and I don't think that he needed to get hooked, as he might have been better in keeping midfield control. Holt was running himself into the ground and was a bit rash with his shooting at times, but a good performance from this 23-year old. While not entirely looking secure, the less goals our defence concedes, the less pressure and scrutiny will be applied to them, which might do them good too.

Well, in the end, it was good to get the points from as hard a game as was expected.

Edited by der Berliner

That for me sums us up just now. I feel mightily pissed off and then you have to hang back and think wait a minute we won that game. Dire stuff

A win at a place no one else in the top 4 has managed to take 3 points from. All in all given the first half performance that totally overwhlemed them it's a step in the right direction though still should be scoring a lot more. The game could have been killed off by halftime.

A decent well fought performance at a difficult venue away to ICT. When I seen Kiernans name on the team sheet tonight I have to admit my heart sank a little. Honest to Christ I have no idea what the gaffer sees in him. He seems to think he's Alan McLaren and like Alan likes his grub a wee bit too much and struggles with his weight pre-season but thats where the similarities end for Alan was a class act, as far as positional, tactical hard tackling and silky footballing skills are concerned, in fact I can still hear Baggio shouting 'let me oot!' fae inside Alans pocket particularly that game against Italy at Ibrox. Kiernan on the other hand has none of that. Hill made one mistake tonight in giving the ball away but he and anyone else who plays along side him are hamstrung with this cart horse. I was quite worried about this game tonight because I think ICT are a hard team to beat but apart from the occasional defensive calamity at crosses from yer man they were restricted to high balls from wide area's in the last 10 minutes of the match. I'm quite happy that we seen out a game with a 1-0 win because that sort of thing has been our Achilles heel since Warburton took over.

I'm not trying to sound like an arsehole, but I've said since day 1 that Garner looked like a terrible signing. 6 goals last season in the second tier in England, very high transfer fee for our level and no resale value. It was utterly bizarre.

Why change now.:D

Just kidding.