Time to right a few wrongs - Rangers v Celtic

No complaints from me the way the result went. Gilks was great today and the fact it took a well taken goal like that is credit to the keeper.

As for us, massive improvements in defending but still miles to go overall. Most of our team is a level below them but put in 100%.

I see some progress. If we can challenge for second and maybe beat them once this season, it will be a good year.

Even in the last seconds we were passing the ball backwards, no need at times. They were the better team tbh, but the gulf wasn't as marked today, we are still poor in front of goal though.

Yes, and Wallace was struggling to even take a throwing. At times today it looked like they had twice as many players on the park as us. Whenever we got the ball forward attackers were isolated, even at the end of the game when we should have had their backs against the wall.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Rangers were second to the ball all day.

It looked like Windass and Hodson were ring rusty.

Rangers could play until Hallowe'en, and not score.

Maybe players are off the boil, or, worryingly, maybe one or two are not up to it.

Fhilth FC is no great shakes, but wanted it more, it was clear.

Joe Garner? Really?

I don't think Celtic wanted it more to be honest, I just think they have a better standard of player.

We're going to need to start spending some proper cash or the next few years are going to be pretty painful. They had 24 shots today.

Though if we're going to spend it on players of the calibre of Joe Garner we may as well not bother.

I just wonder if there are legitimate questions to be asked of Dave King now.

See the money that's being spent on giving Ibrox a lick of paint, could that not have gone on a couple of decent centre halfs?

I completely understand that this is going to be a long-term recovery, and that there are no quick fixes. But if King has the money he claims to be willing to spend on the club, would it not be an idea to get the team on the park a bit closer to where they belong as pretty much a starting point? The entire institution follows from the success - or lack thereof - on the park.

In the meantime I think we're just going to have to stomach that they look better than us but i'm still convinced we're better than anything else in that league and we can play better than this and beat them at Ibrox. And if it came to a choice between winning today and winning 3 points on Wednesday I would take the 3 points.

I would have taken a win today. It could have been a momentum changer for both sides.

Indeed, winning both was there to be achieved.

They deserved it, nobody said they didn't.

Why we should realistically expect to compete with a team that can spend more on one player than we can on our squad baffles me.

But we showed today we can compete with them.

We did not recruit as well as we might have in the summer.

Not getting a decent striker to replace Miller is beginning to show big time. We cannot hold the ball up front.

I just wonder if there are legitimate questions to be asked of Dave King now.

See the money that's being spent on giving Ibrox a lick of paint, could that not have gone on a couple of decent centre halfs?

I completely understand that this is going to be a long-term recovery, and that there are no quick fixes. But if King has the money he claims to be willing to spend on the club, would it not be an idea to get the team on the park a bit closer to where they belong as pretty much a starting point? The entire institution follows from the success - or lack thereof - on the park.

Questions definitely need to be asked. Warburton has been very disappointing this season, but aside from one player he has been given peanuts to spend. And next season there's a good chance we'll be competing in Europe, which is going to lead to immediate embarrassment unless substantial quality is added.