Time to right a few wrongs - Rangers v Celtic

I don't think Celtic wanted it more to be honest, I just think they have a better standard of player.

Did you see the celebrations at the goal? Their players looked pretty pumped to me.

(Of course there should have been bookings for running to the crowd.)

All the 'H's were positives today:

Halliday - showed why he was missed in the 5-1

Holt- box to box performance, need his running at people

Hill - best game yet for us

Hodson - never put a foot wrong

Hodson staked a claim to be first-choice RB for the rest of the season today IMO.

We did not recruit as well as we might have in the summer.

Not getting a decent striker to replace Miller is beginning to show big time. We cannot hold the ball up front.

At this point we don't need someone to replace Miller but rather someone to complement him. He's been our best striker this year. Sorry TB.

But completely agree, we needed a striker (not convinced by Garner though he does need game time) .

And we needed better at the back, yet strangely enough I thought we played well at the back today.

Did you see the celebrations at the goal? Their players looked pretty pumped to me.

Yeah, but the point remains. I cannot criticise that Rangers team for lack of effort today, but they're simply a level below the quality of Celtic.

Was that really Dembele getting the last touch? Thought it was Kiernan ... who should have slid in to cut any cross out.

Anyway, a more than decent performance from our folk, who gave their all. IMHO you can't ask for much more from a team with our ability. It sure showed that we were not as much behind as the 5-1 one suggested.

Hodson had a really fine game, as did Holt and Halliday. The old warhorses in goals and defence did what was required, even Kiernan was okay ... given what opposition we faced.

McKay is still searching his form and IMHO should not start ahead of Forrester and Dodoo, who quickly threatened more than Miller and McKay did all game. We really REALLY REAAAALLY missed a central striker to aim our balls up field at, as I said before we would, should Miller start. For - all the effort he put in - he was all over the place rather than being an option for our defenders or midfielders to aim at. Which we saw against Thistle and ICT.

I

We did a huge amount of tracking, defending deep, last ditch stuff because we couldn't get on the ball as much. For a team that normally has more of the ball id say that says a lot about our willingness to do the dirty stuff. I agree they wanted it but you can't say we were any less up for it.

I would have taken a win today. It could have been a momentum changer for both sides.

Indeed, winning both was there to be achieved.

Agree with the sentiment but if it were an either or I want the 3 points on Wednesday ahead of this. It's imperative to begin stringing together a run of results in the league and pushing up the table. Beating them is always to be desired but this cup gets us nothing. I would feel differently if it came with a Euro spot.

At this point we don't need someone to replace Miller but rather someone to complement him. He's been our best striker this year. Sorry TB.

But completely agree, we needed a striker (not convinced by Garner though he does need game time) .

And we needed better at the back, yet strangely enough I thought we played well at the back today.

Our 3 strikers(Miller, Waghorn & garner) have just 5 league goals between them this season. That tells you all you need to know. Simply not good enough