Time to right a few wrongs - Rangers v Celtic

It's not about dodging Europe. But if you're talking about rebuilding, and about money, then perhaps not take a punt on O'Halloran for 500k and Garner for 1.6m, and wages for Barton and Krancjar whose Rangers careers are over before they started.

Fix the defence, get a goal-scorer, and Europe will take care of itself.

Christ, I completely forgot about O'Halloran. The loan move for Billy King was a strange one too.

The unfortunate thing for us is that we cant really afford any mistakes in our recruitment as we don't have the money for mistakes.

And this is where Dave King comes into the picture. Was he a tad disingenuous with the Rangers support about the level of financial commitment?

And this is where Dave King comes into the picture. Was he a tad disingenuous with the Rangers support about the level of financial commitment?

For me Dave King has two transfer windows to prove he was a man of his word. January is usually an awful window for recruitment - both in terms of availability and value for money. So, for me, King's financial intentions will be seen by the end of next year's summer transfer window.

We clearly need proper investment in the playing staff - but we also need to continue to drive revenue streams up so that we operate within our means. A one off investment to strengthen us and maintain a challenge is OK, but on a one-off basis only.

We wouldn't make any money unless we progressed and then not enough to compensate for having no chance in the league. We are far from challenging on one front. Opening up another would mean even more league points dropped. What kind of money are we talking about for a qualifier in Gibraltar and another in Kazaghsthan or whatever the early July jaunts would take us? We'd probably be out of pocket!

We're talking about capacity crowds paying high prices for tickets at Ibrox for home games which is way more than enough to cover any expenses then probably around £10 million from making the group stages which I would feel confident of making since the prospect would encourage them to strengthen. Lat season King mentioned the Summer transfer dealing were dependent on whether or not we won the SC and got a dig at Europe.

And aside from that not being in Europe means at best a 4th spot league finish and that's just not acceptable to me and I would suspect to the club and most of it's fans too. Neither of them would be happy with it being suggested we should hope to miss out on a chance at £10 million. You appear concerned about having no chance in the league when right now we probably have no chance in the league and not making Europe this season wont improve that next season.

Right now we have zero chance of challenging for that league without the bonus of Euro money especially if they just keep right on raking in the Euro money. I find it strange that anyone thinks our prospects of winning the league could be improved by not getting this Euro money.

Edited by JFK-1

We're talking about capacity crowds paying high prices for tickets at Ibrox for home games which is way more than enough to cover any expenses then probably around £10 million from making the group stages which I would feel confident of making since the prospect would encourage them to strengthen. Lat season King mentioned the Summer transfer dealing were dependent on whether or not we won the SC and got a dig at Europe.

And aside from that not being in Europe means at best a 4th spot league finish and that's just not acceptable to me and I would suspect to the club and most of it's fans too. Neither of them would be happy with it being suggested we should hope to miss out on a chance at £10 million. You appear concerned about having no chance in the league when right now we probably have no chance in the league and not making Europe this season wont improve that next season.

Right now we have zero chance of challenging for that league without the bonus of Euro money especially if they just keep right on raking in the Euro money. I find it strange that anyone thinks our prospects of winning the league could be improved by not getting this Euro money.

10 million ? Someone has been yanking your chain if you think we could make 10 million from Europa League - we wouldn't make 10 million even if we won the whole thing.

re #245 = thanks Craig. Sorry, I should have done that myself but I am on to my mum re the game and so it is hard to concentrate/think/breathe. It's been a looooooooooooong call - and still ongoing.

No worries my friend.

10 million ? Someone has been yanking your chain if you think we could make 10 million from Europa League - we wouldn't make 10 million even if we won the whole thing.

Base fee for group stage: €2,400,000

Group match victory: €360,000

Group match draw: €120,000

And that's aside from gate money and other revenues which could top 2 million per home game.

Haven't read the comments so don't know what's being said. Not long back sooooooooo... It was a long long 87mins before they scored. We were lucky to only lose 1-0, in truth it could have and probably should have been a lot more.

I am hearing comments on the radio that we have closed the gap etc. Sorry, I don't see it. We were more compact today and defended for our lives. If some feel the gap had closed, fair enough but I don't. They had 24 shots on target we had 8, they had 58% possession we had 42%.

MOH will never get a gam under MW, who knows why? He's the manager, and let's be honest McKay had been shite all season. Keirnan is a bomb scare but we know this. We had nobody else. I did however think that Tav and Hodson worked well and the midfield of Halliday/Holt and Windass looked a good unit. Again the truth is, we are sadly lacking in the final third.

Imho Garner won't cut it and not sure about Dodoo??

I wasn't expecting much today, we are way behind them and MW is deluded to think the gap had closed?? Listening to his interview he sounds relatively content with a 1-0 defeat.

I have a question though. Taking onboard his transfer dealings over the summer and the fact that I and many argue that they have been mostly poor to woeful, if there was money available could we honestly say that he could be trusted to use it wisely?? I have already passed my own judgement on it, and it's not favourable.

Onwards to Wednesday! We have two must wins coming up v StJohnstone and Kellie. Our push for third place is paramount.

Edited by cooponthewing