Time to right a few wrongs - Rangers v Celtic

Full time.

Well, there's positives from that today. The main being that we were a lot closer to them today than at Parkhead. We actually turned up and gave them a game. A bit of luck and we might have been the ones to sneak a last minute goal.

But as dodgy as Craig Thomson is, we're simply a level below them. I know I sound like a broken record, but until Warburton sorts out our Championship-level defensive problems, he shouldn't expect to win any silverware with Rangers, nor enjoy European nights at Ibrox. He should have taken the wages we splurged on Kranjcar and Barton, neither of whom, three months into the season, are likely to play for the club again, and spent the entire summer getting to grips with the defence.

Three months into the season, 'not getting the breaks' doesn't really cut it any more.

Rangers were second to the ball all day.

It looked like Windass and Hodson were ring rusty.

Rangers could play until Hallowe'en, and not score.

Maybe players are off the boil, or, worryingly, maybe one or two are not up to it.

Fhilth FC is no great shakes, but wanted it more, it was clear.

Joe Garner? Really?

Edited by Uilleam

We weren't good enough. We were lucky it wasn't more than 1-0

They deserved it, nobody said they didn't.

Why we should realistically expect to compete with a team that can spend more on one player than we can on our squad baffles me.

But we showed today we can compete with them.

In the meantime I think we're just going to have to stomach that they look better than us but i'm still convinced we're better than anything else in that league and we can play better than this and beat them at Ibrox. And if it came to a choice between winning today and winning 3 points on Wednesday I would take the 3 points.

We were dogged, but ultimately were poor going forward.

We missed that control from the back with Foderingham -- however, Gilks was immense as a shot-stopper: strangely, despite not having confidence in his passing, I was more confident that he would save that free-kick just outside the box than I would be with Foderingham.

The goal was offside, but Wallace makes a meal of it, then Kiernan (?) doesn't get in front of his marker; Gilks has no chance, really.

I didn't hold out much hope to be honest, but I'm content: we were dogged, good defensively for the most part. We really struggled to impose ourselves, and failed to create chances -- Holt should've scored, although I can't fault his work-rate.

Hill was with Dembele all the way - don't see how you blame him there.

Was Kiernan. Hill was covering the front post.

The mistake was Wallaces as he tried to get the ball before the ounce and mis-timed it