Club 1872 AGM Poll Results

21 November, 2016

Club 1872 recently held a poll of members, asking how we should vote our shares and any shares that are proxied to us at the upcoming Rangers International Football Club AGM 2016. The result of that poll is that our members want us to support the approval of all 11 resolutions.

A breakdown of the results can be seen below:

The total number of votes cast in the poll was 871.

Question/Resolution 1 – To approve the Company’s audited Financial Statements, the Director’s Report, Strategic Report for the financial year ended 16th June 2016, Auditor’s Report to be received and adopted.

Members voted to support this Resolution by 99% (with 1% abstaining).

Question/Resolution 2 – To reappoint Douglas Park as a Director of the Company.

Members voted to support this Resolution by 99% (with 1% abstaining)

Question/Resolution 3 – To reappoint John Bennett as a Director of the Company

Members voted to support this Resolution by 99.07% (with 0.35% voting No, and 0.58% abstaining).

Question/Resolution 4 – To reappoint John Gilligan as a Director of the Company.

Members voted to support this Resolution by 98% (with 1.15% voting No, and 0.35% abstaining).

Question/Resolution 5 – To reappoint Dave King as a Director of the Company.

Members voted to support this Resolution by 97.8% (with 1.62% voting No, and 0.58 abstaining).

Question/Resolution 6 – To reappoint Paul Murray as a Director of the Company.

Members voted to support this Resolution by 96.66% (with 2.42% voting No, and 0.92% abstaining).

Question/Resolution 7 – To reappoint Graeme Park as a Director of the Company.

Members voted to support this Resolution by 99% (with 1% abstaining).

Question/Resolution 8 – To reappoint Campbell Dallas LLP as the Auditors of the Company to hold office until the conclusion of the next AGM.

Members voted to support this Resolution by 99% (with 1% abstaining)

Question/Resolution 9 – To approve that the Company enumerates its Auditors.

Members voted to support this Resolution by 98.39% (with 0.35% voting No, and 1.26% abstaining).

Question/Resolution 10 – To authorise the Directors to allot relevant securities on the basis set out in the Notice.

Members voted to support this Resolution by 97.35% (with 1.5% voting No, and 1.15% abstaining).

Question/Resolution 11 – To authorise the Directors to dis-apply pre-emption rights in respect of relevant securities allotted pursuant to Resolution 10 on the basis set out in the Notice.

Members voted to support this Resolution by 95.5% (with 2.08% voting No, and 2.42% abstaining).

Club 1872 will now vote our shares and any shares proxied to us in accordance with the results set out above. We wish to thank the members who took part in the poll, and the wider membership for their continued support and contributions.

http://club1872.co.uk/news/club-1872-agm-poll-results/

It is only the turnout figure which is surprising out of that. Is that a voting poll of less than 10% of members.

Club1872 really needs to do so much more to engage and get members involved. They cannot simply claim to represent the whole Rangers support with such paltry numbers voting on such important issues. I dont know how they should do this, they certainly are trying, but 871 votes is a really low number and makes me wonder how many active members they currently have who were eligible to vote?

The majority of fans are not really interested in any of this. I personally didn't get around to voting but would have voted in favour of all the resolutions.

Good to see such a high majority of voters in agreement, shows that the fans with a genuine interest are pretty much singing from the same hymn sheet.

I would have been more concerned if there had been a split in the results especially Res 10 & 11.

The majority of fans are not really interested in any of this. I personally didn't get around to voting but would have voted in favour of all the resolutions.

Good to see such a high majority of voters in agreement, shows that the fans with a genuine interest are pretty much singing from the same hymn sheet.

I would have been more concerned if there had been a split in the results especially Res 10 & 11.

I agree that most fans are not interested in this. Which is a great pity, you would think that after all we have gone through in the last 4 years there would be more interest in what is actually happening at the club. We seem to have a large group of fans who have a leave everything to their betters mentality.

It is only the turnout figure which is surprising out of that. Is that a voting poll of less than 10% of members.

Club1872 really needs to do so much more to engage and get members involved. They cannot simply claim to represent the whole Rangers support with such paltry numbers voting on such important issues. I dont know how they should do this, they certainly are trying, but 871 votes is a really low number and makes me wonder how many active members they currently have who were eligible to vote?

You can only take a horse to water , every member was emailed so if they can't be bothered logging on what else can club1872 do , we really do have the most pathetically apathetic support in the world, it's always up to someone else with our fellow fans .

You can only take a horse to water , every member was emailed so if they can't be bothered logging on what else can club1872 do , we really do have the most pathetically apathetic support in the world, it's always up to someone else with our fellow fans .

It is disappointing but nonetheless I think there are lessons to be learned from this bud. Hopefully next year will see an improvement in those voting figures.

I've been really busy lately so not online as much but I was surprised at the lack of info on the resolutions - especially the important ones.

Perhaps someone has posted a full explanation of what they meant but, if not, that's an oversight so people may gravitate to abstaining (or plain just not bothering) if they're unsure. Not everyone is continually aware of the political landscape and just because someone has signed up doesn't mean they don't need regular updates of where we stand when it comes to person A and subject B.

Not sure how restricted the club are with respect to this criticism but it can be said of them as well unless, like I say, I've missed the wood for the trees along the line.

I've been really busy lately so not online as much but I was surprised at the lack of info on the resolutions - especially the important ones.

Perhaps someone has posted a full explanation of what they meant but, if not, that's an oversight so people may gravitate to abstaining (or plain just not bothering) if they're unsure. Not everyone is continually aware of the political landscape and just because someone has signed up doesn't mean they don't need regular updates of where we stand when it comes to person A and subject B.

Not sure how restricted the club are with respect to this criticism but it can be said of them as well unless, like I say, I've missed the wood for the trees along the line.

The vast majority of chat I've witnessed is over Res11 , some think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread others the devil incarnate , I'm not 100% sure .