Over to you Mr Regan

When the Torbet scandal broke at Celtic criminal prosecutions took place but the SFA took no action towards the club that I'm aware of. No football punishments were administered.

That is now coming back to haunt the SFA with a vengeance. By not dealing with Celtic how can they hand now out punishments to any other clubs ?

All of these past allegations now emerging within Scottish football must be the SFA's worst nightmare because of their inaction towards Celtic previously. The SG will surely want retrospective action taken against clubs who tried to cover this up won't they ?

True that. I think all who hold Celtic dear got a bit twitchy when the Penn State thing came out.

I think they still are a bit twitchy. If not they should be

Dario Gradi: Crewe Alexandra director suspended pending FA investigation

7 hours ago From the section Football

Dario Gradi

Dario Gradi was the manager of Crewe from 1983 to 2007

Crewe Alexandra director Dario Gradi has been suspended pending a Football Association investigation that will include looking into claims he "smoothed over" a complaint of sexual assault against a Chelsea scout in the 1970s.

A former youth player at Chelsea - where Gradi was assistant manager - says he was assaulted by Eddie Heath, the club's chief scout, when he was 15.

Gradi, 75, denies any wrongdoing and says he will help the FA's review.

Heath, who has since died, has been accused by several people of abuse in the 1970s and 1980s.

The BBC understands that the FA, as part of its widened review into child sex abuse allegations, expects to question Gradi after the Independent reported that, in 1974, he went to see the parents of a youth player at Chelsea about a sexual assault.

The former youth player - who cannot be identified for legal reasons - told the newspaper: "He [Gradi] came to visit my parents and me to smooth it over.

"I remember him saying something like: '[With] Eddie, [football] is his life and he gets a bit close to the boys. I'm sorry if he's overstepped the mark in his fondness this time.'"

Child sex abuse claims: The story so far

Chelsea are not known to have taken any action and Gradi has made no specific comments on this claim or his links with Heath.

In a statement on Friday, he said: "Aside from denying any wrongdoing, it would be inappropriate and unfair on all parties to comment piecemeal through the media at this time in connection with historical allegations.

"Suffice to say, I will do everything within my power to assist all investigatory authorities into what is becoming a wide-ranging and important enquiry into historical sexual abuse."

League Two club Crewe Alexandra have not yet responded to a request for comment.

The FA has given no indication about who will be spoken to as part of its review.

Gradi has previously said he "knew nothing" about the alleged abuse of young footballers by anyone connected with Crewe until 1994 and that he then co-operated with the authorities.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38279170

Edited by pete

I have no doubt the English FA will investigate & take appropriate action if required.

The SFA now have a problem because they didn't investigate & took no action against Celtic over the alleged cover up over Torbet & Celtic Boys Club. What can they do about these new abuse cases now emerging ?

I have no doubt the English FA will investigate & take appropriate action if required.

The SFA now have a problem because they didn't investigate & took no action against Celtic over the alleged cover up over Torbet & Celtic Boys Club. What can they do about these new abuse cases now emerging ?

I think it's all the more uncomfortable for them since the Savile revelations changed the landscape regarding turning a blind eye/covering up and not reporting systematic abuse over decades. You might say Jim fixed that flaw in society.

Edited by JFK-1

It all goes back to one club, most if not all the names, who are or were involved in the historic pedophile ring abusing young footballers. Started their debauchery at Celtic FC, Eventually some of the perpetrators, after many long years of a cover up, got brought to justice. But a few were just sacked or simply moved on to other clubs. At the moment it looks like The police were never told, nor the SFA although there is some suspicion the SFA were told at the time, but did nothing?

There was clearly a second layer of the pedophile ring, that was then allowed to move around other clubs, taking their debauched misery with them. What we need to be told was, who knew and why weren't the authorities told about these people.

It all goes back to one club, most if not all the names, who are or were involved in the historic pedophile ring abusing young footballers. Started their debauchery at Celtic FC, Eventually some of the perpetrators, after many long years of a cover up, got brought to justice. But a few were just sacked or simply moved on to other clubs. At the moment it looks like The police were never told, nor the SFA although there is some suspicion the SFA were told at the time, but did nothing?

There was clearly a second layer of the pedophile ring, that was then allowed to move around other clubs, taking their debauched misery with them. What we need to be told was, who knew and why weren't the authorities told about these people.

This is what an independent inquiry should be set up to do but not by the SFA