[FT] Hamilton 1 - 2 Rangers (Waghorn 45, 52)

Gers inspiration Stricken Rangers legend Fernando Ricksen is special guest at Hamilton clash

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/314670/stricken-rangers-legend-fernando-ricksen-is-special-guest-at-hamilton-clash/

So they let one wheelchair using Rangers fan into the main stand how gracious of them.

Hamilton's actions towards Old Firm wheelchair fans is probably the most vile, disgusting and mean spirited I've ever encountered. Normally when visiting away grounds there's a problem with lack of suitable spaces however that is not the case at Hamilton. At the front of their main stand there are 22 wheelchair and carer spaces and seats circa 12 of them are in the section of the stand that is given to Rangers (and Celtic) but instead of giving these spaces which are among the best in Scotland given that they are elevated and undercover and provide excellent views to wheelchair fans they sell the carers tickets to regular fans at the normal price (wheelchair & carer tickets are £10) and leave the wheelchair spaces to lay vacant. Assuming the tickets are the same price as the North Stand £22 Hamilton are f*&king over Rangers (and Celtic) wheelchair fans to make a grand total of £144 , how f*&king sad is that?

The wheelchair spaces they did issue were in front of the North Stand are restricted view (cannot see the near goal line) uncovered and due to the location of the entrances, kiosks and toilets practically everyone in the stand has to walk right in front of the wheelchair section constantly blocking the already restricted view. If wheelchair fans in the North Stand want to go to the toilet they have to leave the North Stand and go to Main Stand where the accessible toilet is located.

Edited by forlanssister

The more I watch that header for the first goal the more impressed I become. It was coming at him at a fair pace and he got on to it very nicely. And another example of how we're now getting a fair share of the 'fine margins'

Earlier in the season instead of going in off the bar it would have been over off the bar or at least that's the way I felt earlier in the season when we were dominant but getting absolutely no breaks.

Edited by JFK-1

I don't blame Halliday for that blunder. He is schooled to try to play it out and but for a sticky plastic park, he would have slid it right and got it up the line. Can't say much for the central defensive lights out though.

Aside from the Halliday slip up it bothered me too that Imrie appeared to be standing all alone in acres of empty space. Was he invisible?

Aside from the Halliday slip up it bothered me too that Imrie appeared to be standing all alone in acres of empty space. Was he invisible?

What has to be remembered though JFK is that we were in possession at the time. I don't expect our players to mark the opposition when it's us who have the ball. The goal came from a dreadful mistake by Halliday. He was at fault and nobody else. When that goal went in I fully expected a draw from a game we should have won by at least 4.

I hope Halliday got his baws booted post match.

Edited by boabie

What has to be remembered though JFK is that we were in possession at the time. I don't expect our players to mark the opposition when it's us who have the ball. The goal came from a dreadful mistake by Halliday. He was at fault and nobody else. When that goal went in I fully expected a draw from a game we should have won by at least 4.

I agree we were in possession but he was almost on the goal line not far outside our penalty box with two Accies players on him. I don't think they should have been taking it for granted that there was no danger with the ball close enough to our goal that a chip could put it in front of the goal in a second.

And as it turned out as you say that error could have cost us 2 points in a match which even the manager later side we should have been "out of sight" in that second half. It also troubled me that after completely dominating that goal seemed to initiate some sort of collapse with Accies coming right back into it for almost the first time in the match.

What happened? Why couldn't they just kick off again and carry on as they had the entire match prior to the Accies goal?

Edited by JFK-1

I'm sure MW would expect his players to try to play it out from there, and aye, he probably didny concentrate enough taking the condition of the park into account. So it looks like that was Plan A from Halliday, just not very well played. To use the cliche, he needs to do plan A better. As I said, I blame the two in the centre more. With 2 players pressing our deepest player, the least they should do is offer support or shore up the middle. They did neither.

We are still looking like a team who doesn't quite have the confidence to lose a goal and not panic a wee bit, although stringing some more wins together will definitely bring about more confidence in that type of scenario.

So they let one wheelchair using Rangers fan into the main stand how gracious of them.

Hamilton's actions towards Old Firm wheelchair fans is probably the most vile, disgusting and mean spirited I've ever encountered. Normally when visiting away grounds there's a problem with lack of suitable spaces however that is not the case at Hamilton. At the front of their main stand there are 22 wheelchair and carer spaces and seats circa 12 of them are in the section of the stand that is given to Rangers (and Celtic) but instead of giving these spaces which are among the best in Scotland given that they are elevated and undercover and provide excellent views to wheelchair fans they sell the carers tickets to regular fans at the normal price (wheelchair & carer tickets are £10) and leave the wheelchair spaces to lay vacant. Assuming the tickets are the same price as the North Stand £22 Hamilton are f*&king over Rangers (and Celtic) wheelchair fans to make a grand total of £144 , how f*&king sad is that?

The wheelchair spaces they did issue were in front of the North Stand are restricted view (cannot see the near goal line) uncovered and due to the location of the entrances, kiosks and toilets practically everyone in the stand has to walk right in front of the wheelchair section constantly blocking the already restricted view. If wheelchair fans in the North Stand want to go to the toilet they have to leave the North Stand and go to Main Stand where the accessible toilet is located.

I assume you have raised this with the club. Surely Club1882 could take this up with both clubs. Shocking behaviour by Hamilton.